PDA

View Full Version : A File Format Timeline

starcraft.man
September 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Link. (http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/06/file-format-timeline.html)

I just found this on Digg. I thought it was interesting, especially in the context of the recent OOXML defeat and how many of us support ODF (at least, I hope so). Not much to discuss, mostly I suppose just wanted to share. Comments welcome of course.

Oh and ya, I stole his title. My brain is low on creativity today.

bruce89
September 23rd, 2007, 01:07 AM
LaTeX for everything if you ask me.

starcraft.man
September 23rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
LaTeX for everything if you ask me.

LOL! To each their own, I wasn't really trying to push one format or another though. Just sharing the interesting timeline, it just seemed relevant given the recent interest by governments and other groups in openness.

bruce89
September 23rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
LOL! To each their own, I wasn't really trying to push one format or another though. Just sharing the interesting timeline, it just seemed relevant given the recent interest by governments and other groups in openness.

Of course.

The phrase is usually "each to their own" by the way.

starcraft.man
September 23rd, 2007, 02:27 AM
Of course.

The phrase is usually "each to their own" by the way.

Hehe. Can't I just call it the "Canadian" version? :p

Anyway, isn't there anyone else interested?

yabbadabbadont
September 23rd, 2007, 02:35 AM
Hehe. Can't I just call it the "Canadian" version? :p
Perhaps, "North American version", would be a better description? (We say it the same way in the US.)

Anyway, isn't there anyone else interested?
The time line doesn't go back in time nearly far enough.

*daniel
September 23rd, 2007, 03:06 AM
Technically, I suppose the saying should be, 'To each his own', since English lacks a gender-neutral possessive.

But I'm just being anal :)

yabbadabbadont
September 23rd, 2007, 03:14 AM
Technically, I suppose the saying should be, 'To each his own', since English lacks a gender-neutral possessive.

But I'm just being anal :)

Stop it! It's Saturday night. I'm not supposed to have to either think, or learn stuff on Saturdays. :lol:

*daniel
September 23rd, 2007, 03:19 AM
Stop it! It's Saturday night. I'm not supposed to have to either think, or learn stuff on Saturdays. :lol:

You have a very good point :)

I don't even know why I'm up right now, spreading information around the internet.