PDA

View Full Version : My cell phone's getting old and busted. Know any tricks to get a new one for cheap

ThinkBuntu
September 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
I'm a Sprint customer, and my trusty Sanyo's starting to show signs that soon it's going to wear out. I could pay $250 or so to Sprint for a new phone (saving a whopping $50 to extend my contract two years) but I feel like I could do much better for myself. Does anyone know of tricks to get a new phone for cheap? Of course, I mean besides starting a new contract with another carrier.

ComplexNumber
September 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
buy second hand.

other than that, i know how to get a new phone and a good contract for next to nothing, but it's risky. it's legal, though, apparently (from the business perspective).

they are cash back deals. they work on the principle that you pay say £30 per month for a contract, and every 4 months or so you send in a request form for your cash back claim(it should work out that you pay about £10 for the contract per month). however, they expect people to forget to claim their cash back, and they can often be VERY VERY unforgiving of people being even 1 day late or 1 day early. somehow they exploit loopholes in the law and their business model walks a very fine line between being legal and illegal.

i have read lots of horror stories of people having to take them to court because they send off their cash back claim and the company denied that they'd received it etc etc.

CowzRule
September 22nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Try Ebay.