PDA

View Full Version : Poll

catfacts
September 22nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
I think that if you put a poll in the magazine and then had the community vote in the forum it would be really cool. You could have stuff like "Favorite Linux app" 'Gimp' 'Open Office' 'Firefox' or something. I'm sure someone has a better idea then me.

ryanVickers
September 22nd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Someone should put an ad out on websites like "tired of viruses, adware, slow system, etc. etc? Go here!" and it takes them to the ubuntu description and download page! :)

ncappel1
September 22nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
I think that if you put a poll in the magazine and then had the community vote in the forum it would be really cool. You could have stuff like "Favorite Linux app" 'Gimp' 'Open Office' 'Firefox' or something. I'm sure someone has a better idea then me.

this is a pretty cool idea! +1

catfacts
September 25th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Someone should put an ad out on websites like "tired of viruses, adware, slow system, etc. etc? Go here!" and it takes them to the ubuntu description and download page! :)
When people ask me to explain linux i tell them imagine windows. Now take away the viruses, crashing, freezing, glitching, BSOD, uninviting look and the hideous windows flag on bootup. They ususally get the picture.:lolflag:

ADDED SEPT 25: I created a wiki page, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/Poll. Hope I didn't do anything wrong.