PDA

View Full Version : Gutsy Beta next Thursday!

Mazza558
September 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
According to the release schedule, the Gutsy Beta will be available next Thursday. :)

FuturePilot
September 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Less than a month till release!:guitar::guitar:

mostwanted
September 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM
I can haz Gnoam too-point-twentee?

stmiller
September 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM
It still feels like Feisty just came out. :popcorn:

Looking forward to some Gutsy goodness...

angryfirelord
September 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM
VirtualBox standing by. :popcorn:

starcraft.man
September 21st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Geez, guess people aren't that excited for the Beta. Anyway, I'm assuming it's gonna be pretty solid given how the Alpha seems to be, I'll probably move to it for daily use.

dondad
September 21st, 2007, 07:44 PM
According to the release schedule, the Gutsy Beta will be available next Thursday. :)

If I installed Tribe 5 and have kept up with all of the current updates since, is there any reason to have to install the beta, or would I basically be there?

insane_alien
September 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM
dondad, just do a normal upgrade and you'll be there. same applies for when the final release is made.

STOP! Beta time!

Mazza558
September 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
dondad, just do a normal upgrade and you'll be there. same applies for when the final release is made.

STOP! Beta time!

dondad
September 21st, 2007, 09:57 PM

STOP! Beta time!

Thanks. I am dual booting with Fiesty right now, but Gutsy is working well (most of the time ;-)) and I was hoping that I would not have to start over with stuff like my logitech mouse and a couple of other customizations. Sounds like it should be pretty painless.

master_kernel
September 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Great! I heard that it autostarts XGL too, guess that's good news for me since I have a ATi card.

bruce89
September 21st, 2007, 11:08 PM
Great! I heard that it autostarts XGL too, guess that's good news for me since I have a ATi card.

Not XGL it is AIGLX and Compiz Fusion.

Compiz Fusion is the compositing window manager.

strabes
September 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM

This isn't true. ATI is currently working on drivers which are due to be released in October and will support AIGLX and have several times the 3d performance as the current fglrx drivers.

~~Tito~~
September 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
how will I go around upgrading when the final release comes around? I don't want to loose anything, just want an upgrade method.

angryfirelord
September 22nd, 2007, 02:51 AM
how will I go around upgrading when the final release comes around? I don't want to loose anything, just want an upgrade method.
As long as your sources point to gutsy, all you need to do is a dist-upgrade.

Polygon
September 22nd, 2007, 05:03 AM
As long as your sources point to gutsy, all you need to do is a dist-upgrade.

if you run like gksudo update-manager -d when gutsy gets released, update manager will update to gutsy. This is the preferred way to do it as it does some stuff before it upgrades that changing your source.list doesnt