PDA

View Full Version : Should totem's Complex plugin be built?

bruce89
September 21st, 2007, 05:06 PM
The Complex plugin would allow some RealPlayer streams to play in Totem / Mozilla. This plugin is not built on Ubuntu, but I think it should be.

The only issue is if somebody installed RealPlayer, Totem would over-ride its plugin (I think). Personally, supporting non-free software over free seems silly.

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/141112

mostwanted
September 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
Definitely with you there. RealPlayer support sucks on Linux, so it can only get better :)

bruce89
September 21st, 2007, 06:05 PM
I just enabled Complex in a custom totem package, but the BBC stuff doesn't work anyway.

argie
September 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM
I just enabled Complex in a custom totem package, but the BBC stuff doesn't work anyway.

I just viewed something on BBC on the low quality stream using the Windows Media thing yesterday. Maybe you should try that? I have the flash plugin, mplayer and the gstreamer, good bad and ugly. I don't know which one it is, but one of them must be helping.

bruce89
September 21st, 2007, 06:56 PM
I just viewed something on BBC on the low quality stream using the Windows Media thing yesterday. Maybe you should try that? I have the flash plugin, mplayer and the gstreamer, good bad and ugly. I don't know which one it is, but one of them must be helping.

Indeed that works, but most BBC stuff is Real only.