PDA

View Full Version : tv tuner software for windows

WildTangent
August 9th, 2005, 09:58 PM
ya, i know its OT, but you guys are the only ones i know that might be able to help me within a reasonable amount of time ;)

anyone know of good tv tuner software for windows? is there a windows port of tvtime? i love that program

-Wild

drizek
August 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM
not sure about free software, but there should have been something included with your tv tuner card.

WildTangent
August 9th, 2005, 10:33 PM
not sure about free software, but there should have been something included with your tv tuner card.
i got it from a friend, sans driver and software :\

ive tried a couple already, and neither worked. one asked for all sorts of details about the card, the chipset, driver, manufacturer etc. most of it either wasnt listed, or i didnt know. tvtime just worked, i didnt have to specify anything

-Wild

WildTangent
August 9th, 2005, 10:39 PM
NVM...i got a program included with windows to work. i just had to specify the input as S-Video :)

EDIT: this program wont do, max res is 640x480

-Wild

drizek
August 9th, 2005, 11:36 PM
NVM...i got a program included with windows to work. i just had to specify the input as S-Video :)

EDIT: this program wont do, max res is 640x480

-Wild
i thought that tv signals were only 640x480 anyway.

WildTangent
August 9th, 2005, 11:48 PM
i thought that tv signals were only 640x480 anyway.
ya, but it wont go fullscreen is what i mean. Tvtime did, and it didnt look too bad. i found a program that works, and goes fullscreen, but its very blurry

-Wild

Donshyoku
August 11th, 2005, 12:44 AM
You may want to download the trial for WinDVR by InterVideo. It is a really slick porgram, and thought it isn't free, you can download a 30-day trial and evaluate it.

It also depends in Windows what driver model the card uses as to if it can work outside of the standard-bundled software. So, you may be out of luck depending how they formatted the driver.

OttoDestruct
August 11th, 2005, 12:52 AM
I have no idea if it would work, but I use Media Player Classic for all my video needs.