PDA

View Full Version : Earbud headphones

acorn22
September 21st, 2007, 12:40 AM
Does anybody know of a good pair of earbud headphones that are under $100?

I am sick of the crappy iPod headphones and all of my music is really high quality so I am trying to find out what the best type of headphones are for me.

I need it to be able to handle a lot of bass without blowing out. I don't have the bass cranked up but it always seems to be the first thing to loose quality. General sound quality and comfort are also important.

Any ideas? If I go to Best Buy and pick up $100 headphones am I basically guaranteed good quality with that price?

n3tfury
September 21st, 2007, 12:50 AM
before you take any advice regarding headphones, earbuds, etc, do yourself a favor and take a look around at headfi.org. especially the <$100 question that's been asked numerous times there.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2

SunnyRabbiera
September 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
man even a pair of koss headphones might do you.

gotonpo
September 21st, 2007, 01:04 AM
n3tfury gave great advice, they're very knowledgeable there.

audiocubes.com is also nice place to shop for some japanese headphones.. one of the few places to get audio-technica phones (not earbuds, but I'll recommend them anyway!)

aspro
September 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM
I have some Sennheiser CX300s and they seem to be great for the price, much better than the iPod buds.

Spike-X
September 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM
If you want bass, forget about earbuds and go with headphones. Earbuds are the work of the Devil.