PDA

View Full Version : Can someone email me a virus?

xl_cheese
September 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I need a virus to send to the dozens of scam emails I've been getting everyday.

Can you send it in a zip file? I'll reply to the scam and tell them my bank info is attached in the zip file...

M$LOL
September 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
No, just go and get one yourself.

Kingsley
September 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM
What if the scammers use Linux?

LaRoza
September 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM
This is a first, "an order of Spanish flu to go...".

I think this would be illegal, and wouldn't have the desired effect anyway. Just block the e-mail address or domain.

justin whitaker
September 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Can you send it in a zip file? I'll reply to the scam and tell them my bank info is attached in the zip file...

Isn't that just as illegal as "intellectual property infringement"? I'm not saying spammers are right, but I am fairly certain that distributing computer viruses in anything other than a computer science research is not looked upon kindly by the authorities.

xl_cheese
September 20th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Isn't that just as illegal as "intellectual property infringement"? I'm not saying spammers are right, but I am fairly certain that distributing computer viruses in anything other than a computer science research is not looked upon kindly by the authorities.

Ah. I did not think of that.

v8YKxgHe
September 20th, 2007, 03:38 PM
This thread makes me lol =)

Replying to scammers/spam is the _*worst*_ thing you could ever do. Spammers do not pick valid and used email address, they automagically spam any email address, if you then reply to a spam email you will most certainly be tagged as an 'active' email address, and the amount of spam you get will significantly increase.

marco123
September 20th, 2007, 03:46 PM

Your asking on the wrong forum mate. Ask a Windows user they probably have loads of them.:)

xl_cheese
September 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
This thread makes me lol =)

Replying to scammers/spam is the _*worst*_ thing you could ever do. Spammers do not pick valid and used email address, they automagically spam any email address, if you then reply to a spam email you will most certainly be tagged as an 'active' email address, and the amount of spam you get will significantly increase.

I think I was just recently tagged. I have not received any of those emails until recently. I think they got my info from my resume posting on monster.

LaRoza
September 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I think I was just recently tagged. I have not received any of those emails until recently. I think they got my info from my resume posting on monster.

That stinks...

olieviya
September 20th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Your asking on the wrong forum mate. Ask a Windows user they probably have loads of them.:)

Haha you are funny :KS

Sef
September 20th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Since this thread is at least unethical and maybe illegal, I'm locking it.