PDA

View Full Version : Where are all people ???

Ice_Rage
September 20th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Was just wondering where all the people, has there been a mass uprising that i dont know about ? I know that Linux users are few and far between in SA but it cant be this bad can it, or are we all just to smart and dont need help from a forum ?

Selcal
September 20th, 2007, 07:24 AM
i am here that is all that really matters :lolflag:

Ice_Rage
September 20th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Jeeesh there is life \\:D/

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!

Ice_Rage
September 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Come here is my contribution...... now where is yours ?

http://ubuntuforums.org/g/index.php?n=1180

Circus-Killer
September 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
first off, ice_rage, this isnt a competition to see who is more involved in community work, we all do what we can 'afford' to do, whether in time or money.

secondly, please read ALL the sticky posts. also go have a look at the wiki at www.ubuntu-za.org (http://www.ubuntu-za.org/). there you will see information about our maillinglist. i recommend you subscribe to the maillinglist as it is the main form of communication between our loco team members.

more information on how you can get involved is at our wiki page.
welcome aboard.

Ice_Rage
September 21st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks Circus-Killer, I do understand that this is not a comp to see who is more involved, if anything maybe i got a bit to excited at the aspect of being apart of something like this when i found the ZA Team for Ubuntu, sorry if i came across in a competitive manner, was not intendid that way...

For me personally, I would like to eventually be/or play my part to the best of my ability and really make a differance, Wether it be helping others on the forum or been able to give a new desktop wallpaper to any person or what ever the case may be....

Thank you for the details, will deffinitly go have a look at the wiki, please forgive my ignorance when it comes to fourms and linux in general.......still adpating from the change over from windows and not using forums.

Circus-Killer
September 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
dont worry, we all were beginners once, so no one will hold that against you. and trust me, if you stick with it, you'll end up surprising yourself.

on a side note, do you know any other language besides english? if you do, then you should really consider registering on launchpad and taking part in translations. the best part is, is that its so easy. most things that need translating are just either little system messages, or menu options, that sort of thing. and its presented in a real easy manner. please give it some consideration.

anyways, as said, welcome aboard. and i hope you stick through the tough beginning, as its all worth it in the end.
(by the way, dont forget to check out the free ubuntu stickers give-away on the ubuntu wiki)

Ice_Rage
September 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM
Sticking through it is the easy part, understanding is a whole other level, already got half a postfix mail server up and running can receive mail but something wrong with the security cert as well as an apache web server with ddns on my dsl, ek is nou moeg, but going to give all that a break for a bit before my brain melts and will have a look at the translation stuff on launch pad..... and thank you so much for the advice but that "frontpage" thing for the JHB list of members .. thats another thing that to set that up but will get it right now that i found the syntax sheet.
Well it is not that hard just not used to that syntax.....:-s

he he he, will have to get me one of those stickers !!!!!

Thanks again