PDA

View Full Version : IF your're 18+ Do you as an Adult Still watch Kid like Cartoons?

nowshining
September 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
By the way The Simpsons and Bugs Bunny and the rest were actually Adult Cartoons and meant for them - also I think Popeye was and many many were in the old days meant for adults and NOT kids - just a bit of history.

I mean like Not with your kids - sort of like when there is really NOTHING on tv that you'd like to watch and a cartoon only seems interesting if you want to watch anything or if not and you do just because that's fine too.. :)

I mean things like Arthur, and so forth..

The example is the one I watch - which seems like a nice show to watch if you ever catch a new one of course and really don't like re-runs like me unless it's been a year or two..

LaRoza
September 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM
By the way The Simpsons and Gugs Bunny and the rest were actually Adult Cartoons and meant for them - also I think Popeye was and many many were in the old days meant for adults and NOT kids - just a bit of history.

You mean Bugs Bunny?

Not many people know that those old cartoons were for adult entertainment (which is why they were so violent).

I do what animated movies, but only on DVD and VHS, not over the network.

notwen
September 18th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I'm a big fan of animation in general. I watch anime and cartoons regularly. =]

bonzodog
September 18th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I have a disney subscription even though there is only me and my wife -- I'm 34, and my wife is 37.

I like Pokemon, Recess, Lilo and Stich, The Batman (dark series after first set of films), Tarzan, Yu-Gi-Oh, most classic Warner Bros cartoons, was a huge fan of Animaniacs (they were based on the Marx Bros).

Lord Illidan
September 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah, they're funny..Tom & Jerry rocks :P

nowshining
September 18th, 2007, 02:37 PM
LaRoza - you mean Watch not what

I corrected the Gugs to Bugs errorlll :P

bonzodog - I used to like Pokemon - I was obsessed with it - I had like a million cards and I threw it all out in the dumpster - yes truly as It was the only way to get over it so if anyone did find them they sure were lucky.

Recess - Ahhh! I don't have cable however when IT did come on Channel 45 where I live I loved it thanks for bringing that one up - As for Batman used to watch it - got bored of it. Tarzan - only a few shows. Yu-gi-oh - I won't watch it, Animaniacs - ooh forgot about that one, oh it was a bit awesome and funny too I had a game I used to play based of them.

LaRoza - I don't watch Cartoons due to dialup however I do watch them on TV on our local channels - only on Saturday do the most show up - then Sunday is a bit/maybe as for Mon - Sun - Early morning if at all any..

t0p
September 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM
If you get the chance, see if you can track down the Roadrunner feature-length cartoon. It has running jokes that are funny on many levels - kids and adults both howl with laughter at Wile E Coyote's misadventures.

And what about Ren & Stimpy? Pinky & The Brain? Animaniacs?

People who think cartoons (and comic books) are "for kids" need re-education - report to your local "instructor" immediately... Moohoohaha!!

jc87
September 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
A few days ago i watched the last episode from Dragon ball GT on youtube (i felt nostalgic), and almost bursted in tears, does that count?

autocrosser
September 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
OK--I goto Cartoon Network on a non-regular basis & generally watch the stuff that was shown when I was a kid (and yes, Road Runner-Bugs Bunny-etc were kids shows back then--I guess I'm giving my age away).

That was long before the political "correct" junk----:)

Depressed Man
September 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Yes I still watch cartoons. FAIRY ODDPARENTS

PmDematagoda
September 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm still under 18, but I'm confident I'll still be watching cartoons after 18, particularly The Simpsons, South Park, Spongebob and Family Guy.:)

aninaiian
September 18th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I don't watch anything Arthur-like and never really did. I was a Sesame Street baby with a little Maya the Bee thrown in. However, I have watched and still watch shows intended for children.

I enjoy anime (usually of the unlicensed variety), and for a while, I'd watch an episode of some anime everyday; however, I haven't been watching anything recently. Some of the more recent ones I've watched and enjoyed are Yakitate! Japan, Prince of Tennis: National Championship, and Negima!?.

I also really like Avatar: The Last Airbender. However, most of my friends don't, but that's because they're anime snobs who never really watched the show on principal alone (it's "imitation anime"). I personally think they're stupid and missing out. I sometimes watch Spongebob when nothing is on. However, Nick is seriously overplaying it, and the later episodes are pretty bad. This kind of reminds me of what happened to Rugrats (another show whose early episodes I enjoyed).

That's about all I watch that's currently on tv. However as a kid I watched X-men: The Animated Series, Spiderman: The Animated Series, Hey! Arnold, Rocko's Modern life, Animanics, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, and some other stuff. I'd say for most of those listed, I'd watch them if they were still on.

mister_doctor
September 18th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Invader Zim ftw.

Visti
September 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I watch cartoons on a pretty much daily basis, but most of them are meant for a slightly older audience, I think. Invader Zim, Simpsons, Family Guy, Space Ghost and so on. But I do enjoy the occasional flip to the Disney channel to watch their newer shows, like Kim Possible once in a while. It relaxes the brain.

And of course the classics - I never get tired of a good Silly Symphony..

EDIT: And jesus christ, Darkwing Duck! I love that. Ducktales too.. the danish voiceovers are so freaky. Thanks, aninaiian!

Kingsley
September 18th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yes, Dora the Explorer and Spongebob are my favorites.

n3tfury
September 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
alot of kids "cartoons" or animated movies are geared toward both, so yes, i do.

tgrisier
September 18th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Yes I still watch cartoons. FAIRY ODDPARENTS

Fairly Odd Parents are really cool. So is Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

justin whitaker
September 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I watch Anime, Saturday Morning Cartoons....you name it. I don't have hangups about stuff like that: good entertainment is good entertainment.

And I am double 18. :)

kostkon
September 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I watch some of them, yes. It is a fact that some cartoons have good success in a wide range of ages, like, I think, Spongebob. People of all ages are fans of Spongebob, thus, I think the relation of watching cartoons and age is a bit relaxed.

PartisanEntity
September 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I love to watch Family Guy :)

BDNiner
September 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes i watch a ton of cartoons still. i like to know what younger people are watching. I have a great appreciation for animation. I will watch old bugs bunny and road runner cartoons when they are on. and if i am up on saturday i will catch saturday morning cartoons. it is a shame that there are fewer full length animated films these days.

johnb820
September 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
You'd be surprised how many cartoons are littered with adult references making them both witty and enjoyable for the 18 and older crowd. Yes, some cartoons and anime are specifically geared toward adults.

jrusso2
September 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I watch family guy, simpsons, King of the hill and Adult Swim.

Meehowski
September 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Adult swim rules!!

Nick at Nite, too...............

mridkash
September 18th, 2007, 06:38 PM
My parents say you are a cartoon.
My friends say you are like Mr. Bean
needn't say anymore!

raul_
September 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Dexter's Laboratory when it's on

regomodo
September 18th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Spongebob Squarepants
Pocoyo

But i don't go out of my way to watch them

mivo
September 19th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Sure I watch animated movies and shows. Why not? They don't stop being entertaining only because you are no longer a child. I'm closer to 40 than 30. No reason not to enjoy fun stuff, Just like I still play video games. The only thing that changes when you're "grown up" is the amount of spare time available. :)

karellen
September 19th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I was a big fan of Cow&Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Power Puff Girls :). I still watch them when I have spare time
I don't know what's the connection between maturity and watching cartoon...;)

ryno519
September 19th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I think I speak for everybody when I say that Pinky and the Brain is ******* awesome.

Now... to go find my Pinky and the Brain DVD's.

Spr0k3t
September 19th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Only if it's worth watching. Otherwise, I'd rather stare at a blank computer screen.

toupeiro
September 19th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I simply don't understand "new cartoons" the ed, edd, and eddies and half of the hentai appeal.. Sorry, I just can't stay focused on them.

I enjoy catching the old Tom & Jerry cartoons and the stuff they show on boomerang.

There are a few newer cartoons I do enjoy.

Dexters Lab
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
... Boondocks! :-D

Can't forget southpark.

Overbyte
September 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Tom and Jerry FTW (not the kiddie versions of themselves, the ones with dynamite and whacking with mallets and frying pans).

Old skool. \\:D/