PDA

View Full Version : 2 guys got married...

YourSurrogateGod
August 8th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Normally I don't really care about stuff like this, but I thought that this was hilarious. I don't lean either way on this issue (I'm completely apathetic to it), but c'mon this is funny :) .

Bill Dalrymple, 56, and best friend Bryan Pinn, 65, have decided to take the plunge and try out the new same-sex marriage legislation with a twist -- they're straight men.

"I think it's a hoot," Pinn said.

The proposal came last Monday at a Toronto bar amid shock and laughter from their friends. But the two -- both of whom were previously married and both of whom are looking for a good woman to love -- insist that after the humour subsided, a real issue lies at the heart of it all.

"There are significant tax implications that we don't think the government has thought through," Pinn said.

-snip-

Words of warning came from Toronto lawyer Bruce Walker, a gay and lesbian rights activist.

"Generally speaking, marriage should be for love," he said. "People who don't marry for love will find themselves in trouble."

Walker isn't personally insulted by the planned Pinn-Dalrymple union because he believes in personal freedoms and rights.

"If someone wants to do something foolish, let them do it," he said.

As for wedding plans, Pinn and Dalrymple haven't set a date.

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/National/2005/08/07/1162543-sun.html

YourSurrogateGod
August 8th, 2005, 02:03 AM
First post.
??????????????

[edit]

Err... where did that post go?

benplaut
August 8th, 2005, 02:12 AM
??????????????

[edit]

Err... where did that post go?

mod'ed, probably...

that is pretty funny...

az
August 8th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I wish them well in their new venture.

az
August 8th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Actually, if Bill bangs his girlfriend and Bryan can prove it, Bryan can take Bill for everyting he has. Betcha they haven't thought that out either...

YourSurrogateGod
August 8th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Actually, if Bill bangs his girlfriend and Bryan can prove it, Bryan can take Bill for everyting he has. Betcha they haven't thought that out either...
*lol*

TristanMike
August 8th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Ya gotta love loop-holes......"Hey Joe, check out what I just read wanna get......."

BWF89
August 8th, 2005, 04:39 AM
mod'ed, probably...
Why would the mods delete my post? 2 guys got married for financial purposes. What else am I going to say?

jfdill_2
August 8th, 2005, 05:06 AM
And presuming they don't bang each other, could either one cite "constructive abandonment" as grounds for a divorce? I think that is the term if you are getting a divorce because your spouse won't bang you.

TravisNewman
August 8th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Why would the mods delete my post? 2 guys got married for financial purposes. What else am I going to say?
Nothing? All you said was "first post" which meant nothing. If you want to continue discussion about that, PM me.

nocturn
August 8th, 2005, 08:05 AM
What are they trying to prove.

So, gay marriage allows two people who do not love eachother to get married for other reasons. So does hetero marriage, equality comes in weird forms.

agger
August 8th, 2005, 08:43 AM

So, gay marriage allows two people who do not love eachother to get married for other reasons. So does hetero marriage, equality comes in weird forms.

Second that - really there is nothing new introduced here; just as the two men might marry because of tax issues, a man and a woman might do the same.

OTOH, in many countries (like mine) being married is normally a positive financial DISadvantage if the couple aren't living together, which I suspect our two friends here don't plan on doing forever.

Kirzzy_Boy
August 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Second that - really there is nothing new introduced here; just as the two men might marry because of tax issues, a man and a woman might do the same.

OTOH, in many countries (like mine) being married is normally a positive financial DISadvantage if the couple aren't living together, which I suspect our two friends here don't plan on doing forever.

Another issue in Europe is marrage for permanent residence... There you get the tax advantage and a large sum of money. Many even agree to a full simulated situation with sex and all. ](*,) I personally think it's a sad situation that some people put themselves through. :-?

az
August 9th, 2005, 02:23 AM

You nailed that right on the head.