PDA

View Full Version : the other side of life

sp0onman
September 15th, 2007, 03:55 AM
by other side i mean social going out, what do ubuntists do?

i am currently unemployed, surprising? probably not. but i have just started mountain bike riding, i also snowboard. i also love going out to nightclubs with friends. i love my dirty dirty hardstyle/techno clubs where all the space cadets live, and having a bit of a shuffle. im guessing no one here has heard of the melbourne shuffle. here is a video even though your probably not interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_7meE_A7k

not me, no where near that good.

anyways what are your other interests?

bubbalouie
September 15th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Other interests.....?

Work, recently changed jobs though (no more opressive 60hr weeks), so I can get back into the gym and climbing. I am trying to get an MBA now so going out too often is a bit out of the question for another 18 months :(.

James7
September 15th, 2007, 04:52 AM
That's a cool video. I don't do so much these days, wish I did more. I go to the gym and take karate classes.

Alterax
September 15th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I just started mountain biking too--it's FUN! I work as a systems administrator for a local aerospace company, and I also take night courses at the local University.

My other interests are reading (I am a huge science geek--who would have thought?), bodybuilding, freshwater scuba diving, painting (acrylic on canvas), and gourmet cooking. I also spend a decent amount of time (about 30 minutes a day) toward studying Russian (because I got bored; it's not only a challenge, but a beautiful language!).

sp0onman
September 15th, 2007, 05:43 AM
That's a cool video. I don't do so much these days, wish I did more. I go to the gym and take karate classes.

wow usually people tell me that it and the music a load of s***(well older people).nice.

I just started mountain biking too--it's FUN!

Yea how good is mountain biking? i hit a bit of a slump so im a bit unfit at the moment, the downhill parts of tracks are my favourite.

Samhain13
September 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I don't know why but where I'm from it seems fashionable to spend time in coffee shops. I like coffee so when I get a chance, I try to be as fashionable as I can. :D

If my girlfriend was here (she's in the States, school), we'd be living in a movie house. And spend our extra time being fashionable too. Anyway...

HAPPY SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY!!! (We're a bit early) :D
I guess I should free myself from software today.

blithen
September 15th, 2007, 06:00 AM
by other side i mean social going out, what do ubuntists do?

i am currently unemployed, surprising? probably not. but i have just started mountain bike riding, i also snowboard. i also love going out to nightclubs with friends. i love my dirty dirty hardstyle/techno clubs where all the space cadets live, and having a bit of a shuffle. im guessing no one here has heard of the melbourne shuffle. here is a video even though your probably not interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_7meE_A7k

not me, no where near that good.

anyways what are your other interests?
That's incredibly bad a**. I want to learn.

Warren Watts
September 15th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I have no "other side". If I'm not at work doing telephone tech support, I'm at home, in front of the PC, or sleeping.

Basically, I have no life.

I am attending the Ohio LinuxFest (http://www.ohiolinux.org/) next weekend though!

sp0onman
September 15th, 2007, 06:18 AM
where you from? its called the melbourne shuffle, you can do it to house aswell well anythin with a fast enough beat i suppose. started in melbourne early 90's i think, just keeps gettin better, everyone has there own style. absolutely kills any other style of dance, especially that c walk or whatever. anyways just search it up on youtube plenty of video's.

maniacmusician
September 15th, 2007, 06:23 AM
College life is once again starting to occupy most of my time. It's divided between the various academic classes, Aikido classes, writing poetry/music, recreational drug use ;), and trying to find time to excercise. I find that I have very little time for the computer and linux-related projects now, as opposed to two months ago, when most of my time was spent on the computer.

Basically, the "other" side of life has become the "only" side of life now.

lisati
September 15th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'm an occasional videographer. Some of my stuff (not necessarily the best, for copyright & privacy reasons) can be found @ http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=3B47A022AAFED7B5

Other than that, I like Star Trek, Boston Legal, & a handful of other TV shows and sometimes hang out with people who've had to face mental health problems and survived - the stuff we see on TV that makes for "interesting" news items tells only part of the story, they're a decent, intelligent, imaginative bunch who'd rather stay out of trouble.

Spike-X
September 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
What is this "out" of which you speak?

Another mountain biker here. I'd be out on my new bike right now, except I'm recovering from the damn flu.

karellen
September 15th, 2007, 08:12 AM
other than computers...
reading, trekking, history, badminton, spending time with my girlfriend

sp0onman
September 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
good to see that many people are out doin the mountain bike thing, 10 mins from my house the commonwealth games mountain bike track is, which is great and its through a national park.

and for that recreational drug user, the hardstyle/techno scene is full of the disco type recreational drugs. which sort of messed up my life( the main reason i am unimployed). dont mean to mope about my current situation (it is my own fault) i found out who my real friends are. which incidently are the ones i neglected because of drug use. but im happy now im finished with that business. and they stuck by me.

runningwithscissors
September 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I am socially impaired.

hellion0
September 15th, 2007, 07:29 PM
The "other side of life" for me consists of buying cigs, Dew, tofu and the occasional little part to make the latest doorstop run properly. And rarely taking a trip to the junkyard to get performance parts for the Civic for $5-10 because the owners either:

A: Are simply amazed that a woman would go through the junkyard to pull her own parts

B: Could care less about a performace part from something that no longer has a front end due to a head-on with a big rig.

curuxz
September 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Erm, well my girlfriend, cyclin, playing poker, swimming, cricket (when i can which is almost never) helping with open source projects, my GUITAR :D and singing along to my guitar lol, graphics design and studying law :D

forrestcupp
September 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM
and for that recreational drug user, the hardstyle/techno scene is full of the disco type recreational drugs. which sort of messed up my life( the main reason i am unimployed). dont mean to mope about my current situation (it is my own fault) i found out who my real friends are. which incidently are the ones i neglected because of drug use. but im happy now im finished with that business. and they stuck by me.

Yeah. My sister-in-law just died 2 months ago from an accidental overdose.

mister_doctor
September 15th, 2007, 08:54 PM
...i love my dirty dirty hardstyle/techno clubs where all the space cadets live...

Damian Lazerus is in town tonight, which I will be attending. It will be a shitshow just like every other time I hit the afterhours. Never seen him live but the sets I've heard are out of this work.

Other hobbies include DJing and producing though I'm stuck doin that on a windows box right now. I like to work out and go rollerblading for exercise. School & work keep me busy enough.