PDA

View Full Version : The twenty-twenty cricket world cup.

PmDematagoda
September 15th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Hello to all cricket fans at Ubuntu forums!! The 20-20 cricket world cup has started and the matches that are pouring out of it are simply awesome=D>. Two popular examples for me being the 260 knock by Sri Lanka and Mubarak's super blasting, both against Kenya.\\:D/

What do you think of the matches that have passed and are going to occur, feel free to express yourself:guitar::lolflag:, no one is going to kill you for it8-[, though you may be seriously injured.:-D

Sorry for the many smilies, just couldn't help but express myself!:)
(Better duck now):popcorn:

Really sorry for the incomplete poll(If it is), as I couldn't put more teams than 10, If your team you are voting for is not in the poll options, please write the name in a post.

Thanks

P.S. Doesn't matter if you love cricket or not, just give your views, either on the world cup or on the game itself(If you've ever seen it).

Stephen Howard
September 15th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Is 20-20 real cricket? Isn't it too open to short-run chance over long-run skill?

Stephen Howard
September 15th, 2007, 04:47 AM
That said, it does give the other teams a chance to beat Australia.

PmDematagoda
September 15th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Twenty-Twenty while being short is also very sweet, it also has the tendency to bring out the best in cricketers since they have only a little time to play the game which can put pressure on them more than a 50 over match.:)

PmDematagoda
September 16th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Come on doesn't anyone watch cricket here??

Yesterday's match (15.09.2007), NZ vs SL was really exciting, Jayasuriya was not named the master blaster for nothing!!:popcorn:

Go Sri Lanka:lolflag:.

Kingsley
September 16th, 2007, 03:57 AM
*country accent* God bless America!

Paqman
September 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Is 20-20 real cricket? Isn't it too open to short-run chance over long-run skill?

People said the same about one-dayers when they first started, too. I think limited-overs cricket is brilliant. Twenty20 has been incredibly popular in the UK.

PmDematagoda
September 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM
It may be amazing but I've never heard of 20-20 cricket until now, is this the first ever 20-20 Wrold Cup we're having?

Soarer
September 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, it's the first :)

I think it's great, although it is heavily biased to the batsmen, at the expense of the bowler.

Great entertainment though.

PmDematagoda
September 16th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Great entertainment though.

Amen. The best bit of entertainment I've seen so far is Mubarak's blast-off in that one very special over.:lolflag::-D:popcorn: