PDA

View Full Version : Any Depeche Mode fans ?

mips
September 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
What are your favourite songs ?

I love Behind The Wheel, Striipped, Everything Counts, Walking In My Shoes, Strangelove

Some good videos on Youtube, this is my favourite video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDWCwzYH2A
Edit: Just found out the girl from that video is Ippolita Santarelli, cant find much about her on the net though.

Kowalski_GT-R
September 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I appreciate, thanks :)

Never let me down again and Enjoy the silence are my favourites: not original I know. Oh well....

regomodo
September 14th, 2007, 12:28 PM
i like Violator quite a bit (i'm an albums type of person so no specific songs) but i find Depeche Mode a little samey

Macintosh Sauce
September 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I like all their stuff, and have every CD too.

mohnkern
September 14th, 2007, 12:38 PM
What are your favourite songs ?

I love Behind The Wheel, Striipped, Everything Counts, Walking In My Shoes, Strangelove

Some good videos on Youtube, this is my favourite video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDWCwzYH2A

Definitely a fan -- Personal Jesus is one of my favorites.

mips
September 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Definitely a fan -- Personal Jesus is one of my favorites.

Great song!

I have some Depech Mode LPs but no record player. I will eventually get them all on cd/dvd.

ske1fr
September 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'd forgot about Depeche Mode until I heard "Superstar" by Marta Sánchez (FYI she's a Spanish pop star) Superstar is sampled from/the riff from "Just Can't Get Enough". So I'd have to say "Just Can't Get Enough"!

Youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qqyS01HID-8
A better quality copy can be found on Stage6, as can a vid of the DM original.

Arwen
September 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I really enjoy their music and I'd really love to go at a concert of theirs.I bought a few months ago their best of 86-98..I can never listen to only one song,usually I end up listening to both cds.I love "I feel you" and "All I ever wanted":-)

n3tfury
September 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Violater is a great album. almost every song is total class.

Spr0k3t
September 14th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Gotta agree... most of violator is awesome. An album worth purchasing... SHOCK.

Enjoy the Silence and Personal Jesus are my top picks.

Tundro Walker
September 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Wow, now you're singing my tune. I'm not goth, but I grew up with a lot of goth & 80's hair-band music.

Depeche Mode has been one of my favorites, because they keep getting better / more mature with age.

I don't really know song names, but I think it's call "It's No Good"...

"Don't say you love me; don't say you need me. Don't say you want me...it's understood."
"Don't say you're happy, out there without me. I know you can't be, cause it's no good."

There was a DJ at a local goth club who did a mix of that song that was really, really good.

But now all the goth clubs (here in Dallas, TX, anyways) are into hard-driving, almost military industrial music. It's hard to find a good goth club that plays some slower beat "angst romance" music.

*sigh*

n3tfury
September 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Gotta agree... most of violator is awesome. An album worth purchasing... SHOCK.

Enjoy the Silence and Personal Jesus are my top picks.

i know what you mean. not many albums worth purchasing anymore since there seems to be this growing trend of OMGFILLER