PDA

View Full Version : Some Crud with my actual name trying to get me to download windows Spyware - spam ema

nowshining
September 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
u know i'll actually email this to the site..

n/m

http://netwatchisp.com/index.asp

is the site..read this

http://netwatchisp.com/images/netWatchHome_features.gif

I clicked view image to get that..

Protect by keylogging u..lolz

and watch one by webcam..lolz now that's outright spyware.. :D

Tomosaur
September 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I think it means YOU get the keylogging software and webcam watcher - so that you can be sure people who use YOUR machine are not doing anything bad. No information will (probably) be transmitted to the service provider.

nowshining
September 13th, 2007, 07:32 PM
but it came in an email and the urls were not spoofed which went to netwatchisp, and I didn't sign up with them, but they think so as they used My real name and a trial is what they said I signd up for with EXACT urls to the download programs, so it's all gotta be spyware / trojan viruses and the site is suspicious..

Tomosaur
September 13th, 2007, 09:05 PM
but it came in an email and the urls were not spoofed which went to netwatchisp, and I didn't sign up with them, but they think so as they used My real name and a trial is what they said I signd up for with EXACT urls to the download programs, so it's all gotta be spyware / trojan viruses and the site is suspicious..

Companies sell your information all the time - the only way to stop them is to ring all the companies you think may have your information and demand that they delete it. Then, every time you sign up for anything in the future - make sure the privacy policy EXPLICITLY STATES that they will not give away, or sell, your information.

It's happened to me before - the only thing you can do is get in touch and tell them you've never signed up for anything with them and that you demand they remove your information from their databases.

nowshining
September 14th, 2007, 02:06 AM
oh well privacy policeies mean NOTHING - it actually has to be an ACTION otherwise anyone can put that in a so-called privacy policy, however I think I know who it is, a site to take surveys and last Time I couldn't login even when both name and username were correct, i couldn't click on the sign in picture, so I had to hit enter said wrong username/password, since then I've got this junk...arrrrrggg, However I am afraid to actually send anything to that netwatchisp because i'm afraid it could turn out much much worse.