baracuda68
September 13th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Check it out!

http://www.venturecake.com/ubuntu-now-bigger-than-jesus/:lolflag:

RAV TUX
September 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Check it out!

OK thats not so special, now I thought there is no way that Ubuntu could be more popular then The Beatles, since historically The Beatles have proved to be more popular then Jesus.

....but I was wrong Ubuntu is more popular then The Beatles.

RAV TUX
September 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
OK thats not so special, now I thought there is no way that Ubuntu could be more popular the The Beatles, since historically The Beatles have proved to be more popular then Jesus.

....but I was wrong Ubuntu is more popular then The Beatles.

Now whats really amazing is Ubuntu is more popular then God, well at least more people are searching for Ubuntu then they are searching for God.

happy-and-lost
September 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Linux is way bigger than God and The Devil put together!

http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=god,+devil,+linux&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&ctab=0&sa=N

God is blue, The Devil is red and Linux is Orange. :twisted:

Ya'akov
September 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Nah!
Nothing is bigger than YESHUA HA MASHIACH:lolflag:

fuscia
September 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM
bigger than who?

igknighted
September 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Now what I think would be cool would be a Hindubuntu (the artwork alone should be worth it), or better yet a Yogic Ubuntu (a “Namaste” sign-on screen would be sublime). This could be fun… we could have ZenBuntu (rock gardens desktop?) , Quetzeqotalbuntu, Gaelicbuntu (or perhaps faeriebuntu), NorseBuntu, Amun-RaBuntu (for the Egyptologist), Ubuntu PE (Pagan Edition), Ubuntu NA (New Age), and the list could go on and on…

I like this idea, some of the customized (looking) spins we could create would be really neat, plus ubuntu lends itself to hilarious naming schemes such as this (Quetzeqotalbunutu is my fav)

RAV TUX
September 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Now what I think would be cool would be a Hindubuntu (the artwork alone should be worth it), or better yet a Yogic Ubuntu (a “Namaste” sign-on screen would be sublime). This could be fun… we could have ZenBuntu (rock gardens desktop?) , Quetzeqotalbuntu, Gaelicbuntu (or perhaps faeriebuntu), NorseBuntu, Amun-RaBuntu (for the Egyptologist), Ubuntu PE (Pagan Edition), Ubuntu NA (New Age), and the list could go on and on…

I like this idea, some of the customized (looking) spins we could create would be really neat, plus ubuntu lends itself to hilarious naming schemes such as this (Quetzeqotalbunutu is my fav)

Did this post get misplaced into the wrong thread?

igknighted
September 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Did this post get misplaced into the wrong thread?

nope, I quoted from the comments below the article. Sorry, i should have specified.

init1
September 14th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Check it out!

:lolflag:

LookTJ
September 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
searches don't prove anything...and the Internet is usually misinformation sometimes.. but Jesus was born way before the internet and google was invented..trends don't prove anything...just shows how many people search for that word for information.

RAV TUX
September 14th, 2007, 12:41 AM
searches don't prove anything...and the Internet is usually misinformation sometimes.. but Jesus was born way before the internet and google was invented..trends don't prove anything...just shows how many people search for that word for information.

Taylor you are right and have very good points.

mikewhatever
September 14th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Don't get exited, Windows or Vista are way ahead.

RAV TUX
September 14th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Don't get exited, Windows or Vista are way ahead.
Yeah so is Apple and iPod

maniacmusician
September 14th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks for fully grasping the intent of the article. It was obviously just being satirical in a very non-serious way. Or no, maybe they really thought that google trends proved the popularity of jesus. Why do you people fall for such easy bait every time?