PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE Dell Refund...MUST READ!

kamaboko
September 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Some of you may recall about a month ago I posted a thread indicating that with much effort I got Dell to agree to a refund for my Vista Home OS. I got it today.

Drum roll............................................

the amount was...................................

$599!

yes, you read that correctly. I was refunded the entire price of the computer. I LOVE YOU DELL!!!!!!

Wiebelhaus
September 10th, 2007, 07:04 PM
pix or it didn't happen.

kamaboko
September 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
pix or it didn't happen.

Sure, so if you don't see a pic of the Washtington Monument it doesn't exist either. Like I'm going to post my bank statement on the Internet.

starcraft.man
September 10th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Sure, so if you don't see a pic of the Washtington Monument it doesn't exist either. Like I'm going to post my bank statement on the Internet.

Your statement is anecdotal. The existence of the Washington Monument is corroborated by 1000s of credible sources including publications, pictures, videos, among other things.

Anthem
September 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Got a link? I'd love to try that...

rsambuca
September 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM
You can easily black out the account numbers and names with gimp.

happysmileman
September 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Some of you may recall about a month ago I posted a thread indicating that with much effort I got Dell to agree to a refund for my Vista Home OS.

You're avatar is a Windows Vista logo and you demanded and fought to get refunded for Windows Vista, seems strange at least.

Wiebelhaus
September 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM

Gimp is an amazing tool , just use the eraser to cover up any personal information but your bank statement would not announce what the refund was for anyway , you could have returned the product dell has a great refund policy , IF they did refund the entire purchase price and you still have the computer , there was a grave mistake on their part , an honest person would call and make sure that the correct amount was refunded.

rsambuca
September 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Gimp is an amazing tool , just use the eraser to cover up any personal information but your bank statement would not announce what the refund was for anyway , you could have returned the product dell has a great refund policy , IF they did refund the entire purchase price and you still have the computer , there was a grave mistake on their part , an honest person would call and make sure that the correct amount was refunded.

Agreed 100%. I would add the word 'ethical' in there as well.

kamaboko
This will have to do. I'm not posting my entire bank statement so the doubters will be happy.

Wiebelhaus
You're avatar is a Windows Vista logo and you demanded and fought to get refunded for Windows Vista, seems strange at least.

lol , yea wtf...

SHOOT IT!!

kamaboko
September 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
lol , yea wtf...

SHOOT IT!!

I already had a copy

Wiebelhaus
September 10th, 2007, 07:23 PM
This will have to do. I'm not posting my entire bank statement so the doubters will be happy.

that's cool man , any evidence on what it's for? I'm not trying to break your balls man , I just don't believe that they purposefully refunded the entire amount of the computer for a vista complaint , unless that is they use vista...j/k .

LowSky
September 10th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I bet Dell himeself said to write the check.. or a VP of customer serice/operations
its amazing what a company will do just to shut someone up... in your case you got to keep a computer as long as you didnt use windows... nice

derekr44
September 10th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I could go for a SSN or two...

:shiftyeyes:

happysmileman
September 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I already had a copy

I'm pretty sure you can't install it on more than one PC, so Microsoft will be angry if you don't fork out another unbelievably huge amount of cash

Wiebelhaus
September 10th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't install it on more than one PC, so Microsoft will be angry if you don't fork out another unbelievably huge amount of cash

yea and the fact that vendors are dropping support for everything before 2000 is just helping them forcegag vista down peoples throats , Like HP for example dropped ALL printer drivers for 95/98/98SE/ME from their website and it says to buy XP/Vista.

logos34
September 10th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Don't worry--accounting will catch the mistake. ;-)

kamaboko
September 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Oh well...just thought i'd share the news.

logos34
September 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Or else the other guy is right--it's hush money. ;) (edit: no, I know he said 'just to shut someone up'. But then again maybe they figure a very satisfied customer might be less inclined to go around encouraging others to exercise their EULA refund rights. Who knows what their motivation is...or maybe they get reimbursed the wholesale cost of the computer from MS)

Just kididng around. I'm really happy for you. Jeez, makes me want to go out and buy a Dell --for $599 less that is!

southernman
September 10th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Either way... looks like someones credibility just went to the floor!

tcpip4lyfe
September 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Too many doubters!

I say that's awesome man. Good for you!

rsambuca
September 10th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I say that's awesome man. Good for you!
But it is theft. Because they made a mistake doesn't make it any less so.

Nano Geek
September 10th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Too many doubters!

I say that's awesome man. Good for you!The reason we doubt is because it would be unlikely for Dell to refund the entire cost of the computer just for not using Vista.
Plus he won't show us the slip that proves his cash back.

tcpip4lyfe
September 10th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The way I look at it it's like getting a chance card in monopoly.

"accounting error, collect $600"

I'd be excited, even if it was a mistake and I'd keep it. Of course I make minimum wage though. :)

glupee
September 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM
:lolflag: some serious haters in here boy!

phrostbyte
September 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Hello Sir,

I am just posting here to inform you we fixed the mistake. Thank you for informing us. You should receive a bill in the mail within seven days for the total of $599.

Sincerely,
Dell Customer Service

derekr44
September 10th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Hello Sir,

I am just posting here to inform you we fixed the mistake. Thank you for informing us. You should receive a bill in the mail within seven days for the total of $598.99.

Sincerely,
Dell Customer Service

fixt

init1
September 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Your statement is anecdotal. The existence of the Washington Monument is corroborated by 1000s of credible sources including publications, pictures, videos, among other things.
No, I don't believe in the Washington monument. All those pictures were Gimped, and everyone who says it exists is lying.

Nano Geek
September 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
No, I don't believe in the Washington monument. All those pictures were Gimped, and everyone who says it exists is lying.Whatever

happysmileman
September 11th, 2007, 12:05 AM
yea and the fact that vendors are dropping support for everything before 2000 is just helping them forcegag vista down peoples throats , Like HP for example dropped ALL printer drivers for 95/98/98SE/ME from their website and it says to buy XP/Vista.

Well from that screenshot it appears that Microsoft is at fault for no longer providing certain specs/files needed to develop for it.

HP support their stuff for Linux and Mac and provide drivers so I doubt they'd purposely be dropping support and encouraging people to downgrade to Vista without a reason

justin1278
September 11th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Congrats on the refund:)

Billy_McBong
September 11th, 2007, 12:39 AM
enjoy your money, dell is a good company

Stone123
September 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM
enjoy your money, dell is a good company

Have they changed something that i missed?

/Ubuntu users.

FurryNemesis
September 11th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Minor point but...

They started selling computers with Ubuntu?

blithen
September 11th, 2007, 01:08 AM
No, I don't believe in the Washington monument. All those pictures were Gimped, and everyone who says it exists is lying.

Conspiracy!

Wiebelhaus
September 11th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Well from that screenshot it appears that Microsoft is at fault for no longer providing certain specs/files needed to develop for it.

HP support their stuff for Linux and Mac and provide drivers so I doubt they'd purposely be dropping support and encouraging people to downgrade to Vista without a reason

touche'

DjBones
September 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM
well, if it really happened.. i dont know what someone could gain from lying and it sounds plausible, i've known weirder things to happen haha

misfitpierce
September 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Please dont come in without proof and get mad at us. Sounds farfetched and blocking your account last 4 digits and such are reasonable to do. Next time show proof so you dont get mad at your own mistake from the start. Later :guitar:

Nano Geek
September 11th, 2007, 03:24 AM
well, if it really happened.. i dont know what someone could gain from lying and it sounds plausible, i've known weirder things to happen hahaNeither do I, but he refuses to show us proof for a far-fetched statement. To me, it sounds fishy.

Acglaphotis
September 11th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Neither do I, but he refuses to show us proof for a far-fetched statement. To me, it sounds fishy.

Dude... have you hear of lazyness? You know, grab the camera, take the picture, swap the card in, search for photo, open gimp, edit stuff, unmount volume, upload the image, copy the url and make a post just so people that dont believe him will?? He was just sharing an anecdote...

BLTicklemonster
September 11th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I was waiting for a picture, too.

Nano Geek
September 11th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Dude... have you hear of lazyness? You know, grab the camera, take the picture, swap the card in, search for photo, open gimp, edit stuff, unmount volume, upload the image, copy the url and make a post just so people that dont believe him will?? He was just sharing an anecdote...But that's a huge claim that he made. That he got a complete refund for his computer and still kept it. He's also getting kinda mad when we ask and saying weird things like he doesn't believe that the Washington monument exists.

It really wouldn't be that hard to post a picture for us to see.

Frak
September 11th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I should have went with Dell, HP only gave me a $200 refund for Vista Ultimate (I already have a copy, so I requested my money back for the OS).

The "Wow" starts when the Dell accountants see the mistake :lolflag:

linux23dragon
September 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I would like to see a "Vista Refund Howto" post, so everyone can point people to it. :)

RedGreen
September 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'm with linux23dragon. I am about to buy a new laptop and if I can get refunded for Vista id like some information. So...how does this work?