PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read the latest PC PRO magazine? (UK)

regomodo
September 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM
`

curuxz
September 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
the worst kind of FUD, stuff like this where they admit linux is winning the long game to try and make them look like they know what they are talking about but then use that grain of truth to talk crap and non-sense.

like "isnt linux cool but unfortunately it still <insert stupid flaw that does not actually exist>"

lame, dont buy!

kiv
September 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I bought this mag.. the title attracted me.. and at the time it was the only "good mag" on the shelf.

I stumbled across the article about ubuntu and I remember it saying something about Ubuntu being the best linux.. but its ugly and has limited programs that can only be found in synaptic...

.. what a load of bile!

However, it was nice flicking through the mag and seeing various other things about Ubuntu & Linux. At least the mag isn't entirely windows-centric - which is handy as it is called PC PRO!

But yes ... perhaps the person writing should have used ubuntu for more than 5 minutes on a live-cd.

bruce89
September 10th, 2007, 03:05 PM
When i read a bit further it said that you can only use synaptic or cli. At this point i stopped reading and put it back on the shelf.

That is reasonably true, mind you, there is also gnome-app-install.

The thing is, the methods in Ubuntu are not more difficult than in Windows (the very opposite in fact), it's just that they are different. For some people, "different" means difficult.

They soon learn that it isn't more difficult after a while though.

"British English" is ENGLISH

It certainly is.