PDA

View Full Version : Using a Wine Game with Hamachi

beastrace91
September 10th, 2007, 05:33 AM
I am currently using Diablo2 trough wine on my kubuntu 7.04 I am also using hamachi to network with a few friends here at college. I am wondering if anyone knows how to make my Diablo2 work with my hamachi? When ever I try to connect to my buddies hamachi IP I get can't connect to server. Also my IP that D2 detects is 127.0.1.1 (or the home IP)

Any Ideas?
~J3ff

j.miller565
September 10th, 2007, 05:39 AM
have you try

hamachi go-online

yet?

beastrace91
September 10th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Just tried that same resualt. and same home IP

~J3ff

beastrace91
September 10th, 2007, 06:17 AM
nvm go-online made it work thanks man.

~J3ff

Yangshuo Joe
July 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to do the same thing here. I have Diablo 2 installed in Wine on Ubuntu Heron.

My friend is using XP and has Hamachi installed.

I was trying to install Hamachi for Ubuntu but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to install the Linux version or if it can be installed as a windows app inside of Wine. I tried to do both and failed :)

But if I knew which way was the best way to go, I'd work harder to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yangshuo Joe
July 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I finally got it installed on Linux (outside of Wine), so problem solved... time for gaming :D

mriedel
July 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Installing the linux version of wine and hamachi-gui worked fine for me, but you still can't play D2 with that.

I tested it on windows and in order for it to work you need to add a peer vpn alias for the person you want to play with (so that the first two octet pairs of their hamachi ip are identical to yours). hamachi-gui doesn't have that option though and neither does the hamachi cli. For earlier windows versions of hamachi, you could just add an alias.txt in the hamachi directory and define aliases there. Is there any similar way to do this on linux? I actually haven't even tried putting an aliases.txt in ~/.hamachi.

Furthermore, I can't ping anyone on hamachi, neither through hamachi-gui nor via shell:

mriedel@mrDesktop:~$ ping 5.X.X.X
PING 5.X.X.X (5.X.X.X) 56(84) bytes of data.
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted