PDA

View Full Version : No way to get my Palm TX to work with ubuntu

weverjames
September 10th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I have read most of the post here about palm TX and ubuntu. I have tried with gpilot, jpilot, multisync and I haven't been able make my palm tx and my ubuntu loaded dell to work together.
I need to install medical documents (archimedes, epocrates) in my palm.
Gpilot does not give that option. Jpilot simply does not do it after doing sync.
What can I do?
I put a post yesterday and nobody replied. I don't think there is enough information to overcome this problem without help.
I am disappointed in some way. Some members seem to have "low tolerance" for begginers.
I hope somebody can help

cleeps
September 12th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I'm new to Linux, and it took me forever to figure out how to sync my palm. Like you, I tried everything on here. What finally worked for me was following these instructions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PalmDeviceSetup

If I remember, I think I uninstalled jpilot, rebooted, and then followed the instructions. I have a Palm Tungsten E2 and a Dell Latitude.

It took a lot of time and patience for me to figure it out, but now it works flawlessly (knock on wood). Hope that helps!

(This solved the problems I had earlier with synching programs to my palm as well!)

karellen
September 12th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I have read most of the post here about palm TX and ubuntu. I have tried with gpilot, jpilot, multisync and I haven't been able make my palm tx and my ubuntu loaded dell to work together.
I need to install medical documents (archimedes, epocrates) in my palm.
Gpilot does not give that option. Jpilot simply does not do it after doing sync.
What can I do?
I put a post yesterday and nobody replied. I don't think there is enough information to overcome this problem without help.
I am disappointed in some way. Some members seem to have "low tolerance" for begginers.
I hope somebody can help

I think the best thing you could do if you really need your palm for work is to dual-boot

mikeypizano
September 12th, 2007, 06:34 PM
The PRC files for the applications are very easy to install... Just copy them onto your SD card and use a file manager to move them to RAM.

Permafrost91
November 2nd, 2007, 02:18 AM
what if a palm program is an EXE download?