PDA

View Full Version : yes even in virtualmode xp is verry crappy.... :D

nowshining
September 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
well I am running at the time of this post and typing this in XP With IE6 and it sucks - :P already had a disk check - things not going right - had to reboot, windows crapping out on me..ahhh! the memories of using XP...

edit: oh the drop downs are working for me in IE tho..hmmm gotta check why not the main build of firefox..

n3tfury
September 9th, 2007, 12:30 PM
well I am running at the time of this post and typing this in XP With IE6 and it sucks - :P already had a disk check - things not going right - had to reboot, windows crapping out on me..ahhh! the memories of using XP...

edit: oh the drop downs are working for me in IE tho..hmmm gotta check why not the main build of firefox..

rubbish.

Arwen
September 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
You don't say..crappy :-P Keep going :-P:-P

Wiebelhaus
September 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM
rubbish.

Just to reiterate.

christopherZA
September 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Amandla - I feel your pain. I stood up against the M$ oppressors by nuking their colonized partitions on my HDD and exiled them to a Virtual World.

And when in their Virtual World they attempt to disrupt my PCs karma - I simply make like Tarantino and 'Kill Bill'.

vexorian
September 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
This is very odd, I was compiling some program in delphi (inside the virtual machine) and XP just gave me a BSOD while I was reading this thread...

n3tfury
September 9th, 2007, 03:09 PM
This is very odd, I was compiling some program in delphi (inside the virtual machine) and XP just gave me a BSOD while I was reading this thread...

oh boy.

Arwen
September 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
#-o @vexorian Did you try to do kernel compiling?:lolflag:I'd like to know how those two tasks are related,but I shouldn't be surprised anymore,XP had given me a BSOD when tried to install an old epson printer(right after complaining that half of .dll files where missing :roll:)
Whatever..:guitar:

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 01:31 AM
by the way I meant what christopherZA (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=361624) said, and it really quickly when compared to ubuntu is not slow but unstable and it really shows in virtualmode compared to when using it natively ...

heck I mean also I know why people include I at one time said those linux fan boys / girls - what do they know - XP is fine for me it works great, now that I have compared the two ubuntu / XP well Now i have seen how much it really does suck on stability - it is clearer in my eyes - and that just the VM copy magnifies the problems I didn't see before / and or thought about before..

n3tfury
September 10th, 2007, 02:17 AM
by the way I meant what christopherZA (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=361624) said, and it really quickly when compared to ubuntu is not slow but unstable and it really shows in virtualmode compared to when using it natively ...

heck I mean also I know why people include I at one time said those linux fan boys / girls - what do they know - XP is fine for me it works great, now that I have compared the two ubuntu / XP well Now i have seen how much it really does suck on stability - it is clearer in my eyes - and that just the VM copy magnifies the problems I didn't see before / and or thought about before..

is English your first language?

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 02:26 AM
no American - English is for the British.. ;)

I was in the end agreeing with everyone why XP sucks and linux is better and the VM just magnifies the XP suckiness..

I also have to get a sleep / wake up schedule - My life needs re-organizing so my words are not really straight and it's hard to say what I mean or explain to others - again when one needs a re-organization of one's sleep and wake up routine..

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 02:31 AM
nowshining, are you trying to make a point about something? if so - i fail to see it - and i'm sure i'm not alone.

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM
yes i was - I agree with all of you about the crappiness of Windows and why Linux is so much better

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 02:37 AM
well. you should quantify those statements a bit better ... i can run XP/Server2k3 in VMware Server w/ no problems - as can many others ... at least talk about your virtual environment before you start spouting off like you did in your opening post, otherwise you seem like a misinformed/uneducated ranter, etc.

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 02:48 AM
actually i know more in my soul than anyone one this forum except other select few that also post and read from this forums and the net and , I understand the earth, the universe and I can see and understand a lot more - I do feel at times feel like those in my sig and much more when trying to tell everyone and get them to understand and what I am trying to say..

as for the running part - I said i can run it stably but again the problems magnify compared to when I used to run XP natively and didn't think of switching to linux and such... I said Magnify a ton of times..

as for the initial post i just said what I said above but in diff. words - if one was to read it over and over again and understand you would of noticed that - In other words I had to make it in easier words after you asked to understand what they were trying to say..

Again I feel like those in my Sig and how they felt in their life on this earth and knowing. I learned to read words and understand simply by looking at myself and going in their path and following them by my own choice as they did themselves and sometimes I cry for the people here and those that still don't understand - .. :*( what's happening, what's real, what's fake and really happening behind the scenes and seeing the blindness.. Again I feel like those in my sig...

I used to be like many couldn't understand the words until it was said in the simplest way possible and I hope many will see and understand and follow those in my sig..

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 02:54 AM
seriously, are you high?

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 02:57 AM
no but if you read my sig, you'll be able to tell who I am, what I am doing here, why I am here, What I speak of, Why I speak of it, Where I am, where I go, where I am going, why I talk to certain people more and why I post the things I do, what I ignore, what I don't ignore..

What I understand and what I hope others to understand and what I am against and what not, what is going behind the scenes, etc..

My sig explains all of the above and more - yep it's all there, you just gotta THINK and UNDERSTAND it....

n3tfury
September 10th, 2007, 03:02 AM
basically your thread title and your posts re: XP are so pathetic and of the bandwagon mindset that nobody with half a peanut is going to take it seriously.

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 03:03 AM
and that has what to do w/ virtual machines? of course you're free to discuss anything you want, that's not my point, but this thread makes you look like a raving lunatic - and it's hard to take you seriously ...

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 03:05 AM
ur post is why i and others cry and I hope ur the one and many others in this forum in the future in my sig and you'll know how it is to know what you know and feel of those who said it before you and then you'll cry for them also...

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 03:06 AM
by the way I know what I am doing i was referencing XP sucks now I can see it - but I also and those before and after me not just do that but also keep watch on the more important things than the OS stability and whether it is better or now - we keep watch on the people behind it and will be gone when the time comes and take what we have now with us...

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 03:08 AM
:-({|= ... don't cry for me Argentina.

n3tfury
September 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
by the way I know what I am doing i was referencing XP sucks now I can see it - but I also and those before and after me not just do that but also keep watch on the more important things than the OS stability and whether it is better or now - we keep watch on the people behind it and will be gone when the time comes and take what we have now with us...

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Data/TrussRods/Bathroom/BathViews/bathroom2.jpg

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 03:13 AM
i also know who is and who isn't on this forum and on the net in general. I am not alone on this mission. there are others in diff. forums, in the world in general doing what I am doing now, I am just here because It is my job to do so...

Ahhh! but what you say is what they said to George Washington, and others and those before him and after him..

What we have today is what He and others many praise were/are fighting against...

scxtt
September 10th, 2007, 03:17 AM
i see; you are insane, i bid you adieu.

nowshining
September 10th, 2007, 03:22 AM
you may call me insane however I know many are not going to see it now, however I must plant the seeds and the seeds are getting planted and many will grow and take on the mission and they will then plant their seeds and then they too will take on the mission and each must do the seed planting and hope many will grow and again Take the mission/Job of those before them and must go thru all the pains and trials and loneliness of it..

Yes you two the seeds are already in your heart and they will grow later on and you then see what I and others were trying to explain to you and know what we felt, just as those before us when we said the same things as you..

vexorian
September 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I still love my virtual machine, use Linux for C++ cross platform programming, and web browsing and playing music and games, use your windows for the scanner, opening documents in non-standard propietary formats and compiling-testing windows apps, I just got myself the most powerful OS I have ever had and all is thanks to virtualization. (not to mention it is awesome at looks...)