PDA

View Full Version : Silly, Off-Topic Question

cadaver
August 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
How could I destroy my computer and make it look like an accident?

cnayak
August 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
How could I destroy my computer and make it look like an accident?

Install Windows without any antivirus,firewall and spyware detector and wait for a couple of days. For quick results, try browsing questionable sites and install spyware-infested program. This will ruin your computer soon and no one will blame you for what happened.

Sam
August 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I didn't know what awaits me with a "silly question", but that exceeds my thoughts... :-k

Kimm
August 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM
make a new cable (...?) with two plugs... plug it into the computer and press on...

az
August 5th, 2005, 08:57 PM
You can move it upstairs and miss.

Ampersand
August 5th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Have your computer on with the modem connected to the phone line during a thunderstorm.

Accidentally build and use a tesla coil near it.

tymek666
August 5th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Well, i think it's hard to break all parts at once :grin:
But you can start with overclocking cpu, gpu etc....

KingBahamut
August 5th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I aggree with the first guy.

Install Windows 98 on it, totally vanilla, then go out to http://astalavista.box.sk and explore every link you find there. If it tells you to install something do it.

Shouldnt take less than an hour or two and youll have a VERY hosed system.

krusbjorn
August 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Turn off the temperature warnings/shutdown in the BIOS and stick a screwdriver into, or unplug, the CPU fan.

I did that once and "The CPU fan must've broken" gave me a new, better computer on the warranty.

maruchan
August 5th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Well, I'd use a dry climate, a carpeted floor, and some new socks.

Steps:

1. Open your computer
2. Turn on some dancing music, like "Footloose"
3. Slide around on the carpet in your new socks
4. At the end of every verse, touch your computer's motherboard near the CPU.

You may have to repeat the song a few times, but this should work OK.

Muhammad
August 5th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Change the Voltage from 220V to 110V or the opposite then turn it on, enjoy the fireworks.

KingBahamut
August 6th, 2005, 03:30 AM
As im sitting here watching Big O , I have to ask myself, whats the real reasoning behind breaking a system on purpose?

benplaut
August 6th, 2005, 03:52 AM
As im sitting here watching Big O , I have to ask myself, whats the real reasoning behind breaking a system on purpose?

so you have an excuse to get a new one.

the ULTIMATE way: the etherkiller (and friends)

http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/

m0biu5
August 6th, 2005, 04:13 AM
You could clean out the dust and reseat some parts.. and have a screw or two loose in the case.. had that happen in a PSU once - ker boom.

drizek
August 6th, 2005, 04:16 AM
a computer is a terrible thing to break(or install windows on). donate it to charity and make it look like someone broke into your house and stole it.

anyway, find a pci card, screw off the metal brace and put it in backwards.

OR

take out the power cables connecting the power button to the motherboard. make it look like it was fried so you can accomplish whatever you want to accomplish, then donate it to someone.

oddabe19
August 6th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Destroying computers is a bad thing, there are always people like me or my roomate that can make some use of it. Remember packard bell? well he has like 3 or them that he finds in dumpsters.

that aside.

This is how i hurt my old 486DX/66... i over clocked it to 100mhz (WHOA! f331 th3 p0w3r) and the heat sink fell off.

Lose a screw between two soldered connectors on the mobo.

make a switch with to open ends of an electrical cord... touch the two ends to the mobo while pluged in and turned on (make sure the electrical cord is plugged in too)

KingBahamut
August 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Destroying computers is a bad thing, there are always people like me or my roomate that can make some use of it. Remember packard bell? well he has like 3 or them that he finds in dumpsters.

that aside.

This is how i hurt my old 486DX/66... i over clocked it to 100mhz (WHOA! f331 th3 p0w3r) and the heat sink fell off.

Lose a screw between two soldered connectors on the mobo.

make a switch with to open ends of an electrical cord... touch the two ends to the mobo while pluged in and turned on (make sure the electrical cord is plugged in too)
seems utterly plausible. Dumpster diving is the saviour (no pun intended oddabe) of my intel Rocks Cluster.

=)

DirtDawg
August 6th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Let my girfriend borrow it. Her utter inability to maintain any kind of organized file system will cause the machine to self destruct out of despair and confusion.

newbie2
August 7th, 2005, 12:22 AM
here is a good hint -->

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23304
:razz: :razz:

byen
August 7th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Let my girfriend borrow it. Her utter inability to maintain any kind of organized file system will cause the machine to self destruct out of despair and confusion.
lol...looks like our girls share a passion in this bro! she has a Laptop with an XP on it and man... all she ever does is >click>download>yes>ok>Agree>click>click. And then I hear this ...."the antivirus tools and Antispyware tools are a waste...they dont work. cant u do anything about it ](*,) " Somehow she manages to get it infected and make it totally unusable in a couple of days! (And Im not even gettin to the amount of junk she throws on it! the laptop-keyboard drinks more coffee than she does...well atleast its not mine!)

SO...bottom line...if you are live in Detroit! lend it to my babe for a day... you'll be sorry you ever wanted to destroy your computer! were not talking about destruction here .....its torture,pain and evil!

N'Jal
August 7th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Um getting inventive here

Carbon (found commonly in coal, coal dust is best since it will almost be vapour and can float through your vent system)

Sulfur (found in some plants, however not easily aquired, if you have access to a school or uni, students can 'aquire' this fol you)

Salt Peta (AKA Horse ****, self explanitary)

Insert into case allowing coal dust to float around in system

Strike match

Drop into system

Run (optional, but highly recomended)

TravisNewman
August 7th, 2005, 02:41 AM
materials needed:
one floppy disk you don't need
strike-anywhere matches
fingernail polish (clear is best, I hear)

take apart the floppy, and throw away the cotton or paper or whatever it is that protects the actual disk part. scrape the heads off of the matches, careful do do it gently so you don't strike them, with a knife or something like that, so you now have grains, almost powder. Put a thin layer of fingernail polish on about 1/4 of the magnetic disk-thing, sprinkle some of your match-head powder stuff onto it. Continue to do the rest of it, 1/4 at a time (so it doesn't dry too quickly. Wait about an hour for it to dry, and then repeat the whole process for the other side. Put the disk back together, insert in to floppy drive, and try to access it through the OS.

This won't destroy the computer, but I'm sure if you used some other suggestions from this thread along with it, you might destroy it.

Now, here's a question. Why are you doing this?

mtron
August 7th, 2005, 11:07 AM
The best thing a customer did once:

"I changed the switch on the power supply from 230 to 110 Volt to save some energy (he is in Austria) and now it does not work any more"

D'ohhh

nickless
August 7th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Give your pc a good wash and plug it in, without drying. Or do it like him :D :

#433064 +(1056)- [X]

* ion has joined #sp
<ion> today's my birthday
<deMoN> yo happy bday man ;)
<ion> thanks, my dad brought me a new case home from his work today
<ion> ok, it's not a new case, it's my old one...i didnt like the gray metal frame so i wanted to change the color
<plague> What color?
<ion> gold. i was going to spray paint it, but it would have ended up melting. so my dad said he'd take it to work
<ion> he works at this metal coating place
<ion> just brought it home today. looks awesome
<plague> So you have a gold plated tower?
<ion> no it's not gold...something else...let me go ask
<ion> copper. it's copper
<plague> Copper plated?? Is it running right now?
<ion> no dude...on my other pc..i just finished hooking up the mobo and stuff, i'm about to start it
<ion> stand back
<plague> Before you turn it on...I think you should know something...
* ion has quit IRC (No Route to Host)
<plague> Copper is a conductor of electricity.
<deMoN> think we should have told him?
<zeff> nah, it's funnier this way.
<plague> of course...<>
Note: the fuse box in his house was fried. knocked the power out.
http://bash.org/?433064

N'Jal
August 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM
****ing awesome man!!!! Ahh i have these things to look forward to at uni

read these ctrlaltdel tragically l33t (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2002-10-23)

the first one's are a bit dull but like a good sitcom you get to like the characters

RastaMahata
August 7th, 2005, 08:38 PM
clean it with water and soap.

Ahhh, nothing like a clean mobo (true story :))