PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty funny!

RAV TUX
September 8th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I installed GNOME in Xubuntu, when I logged into the GNOME session I found this as the default wallpaper.

I am sure this is not new, but it is for me.

Pretty hilarious. ;)

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6743/snapshot1ix4.th.png (http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot1ix4.png)

Arwen
September 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
:lolflag: :lolflag:

FuturePilot
September 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hahaha. I've never seen that before. Must be new. Funny though!:lolflag:

Darkhack
September 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry to be a killjoy, but I don't get why it is funny. I know the wallpaper is supposed to look like the Windows XP default, but I don't see what specifically about that is humorous.

Anonii
September 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry to be a killjoy, but I don't get why it is funny. I know the wallpaper is supposed to look like the Windows XP default, but I don't see what specifically about that is humorous.
Well, you know, I didn't really laugh out loud, but I didn't make a reply describing my exact psychological position and thoughts when viewing the OP's image. If you don't find funny something that others find funny, you can always just press the button "Next Thread" in the bottom.

Now, if you are looking for the thing that is humorous in that particular image, it's the fact that the GNOME guys (except if Rav Tux has a wicked sense of humour) decided to place a Windows-ish wallpaper as the default one in their application. And well, you know, Linux is quite different from Windows, and many people from each group hate each other. That's what humorous about that image.

jgrabham
September 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM

kill joy

dont worry RAV - I think its funny

RAV TUX
September 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM
:lolflag: :lolflag:

Hahaha. I've never seen that before. Must be new. Funny though!:lolflag:

I'm glad you found this enjoyable also.

Well, you know, I didn't really laugh out loud, but I didn't make a reply describing my exact psychological position and thoughts when viewing the OP's image. If you don't find funny something that others find funny, you can always just press the button "Next Thread" in the bottom.

Now, if you are looking for the thing that is humorous in that particular image, it's the fact that the GNOME guys (except if Rav Tux has a wicked sense of humour) decided to place a Windows-ish wallpaper as the default one in their application. And well, you know, Linux is quite different from Windows, and many people from each group hate each other. That's what humorous about that image.

This must have been put in by the GNOME guys or whoever set up the apt-get file?

It was funny to me if I did not change my theme and background in XP I would have thought I booted into my XP partition.

RAV TUX
September 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
kill joy

dont worry RAV - I think its funny

Thanks, good to know, I thought sense of humour was extinct for a while. ;)

helliewm
September 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yep I think its really funny too. I could n't believe when I first saw it!:lolflag: Thanks for making me laugh:)