PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help

FNM
August 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I've had quite a few small problems since I've installed Ubuntu 5.04, and everyone here has been very helpful in answering questions. I now have a perfect working system, and I see myself sticking with Ubuntu for a long time. By the way, ubuntuguide.org is VERY helpful, and answered pretty much every other question I had. Thanks everyone. I can see why Ubuntu is ranked #1 on Distro Watch :cool:

Lord Illidan
August 5th, 2005, 10:51 AM
That's what we're here for! :wink:

sapo
August 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
The Ubuntu Comunity that should thank you for being a Ubuntu user, we dont help because we HAVE to.. we help because we LOVE to :wink:

btw.. the best thing you can do for Ubuntu is spread it and help people who know less than you.. thats the Ubuntu way :grin:

Lord Illidan
August 5th, 2005, 11:06 AM
btw.. the best thing you can do for Ubuntu is spread it and help people who know less than you.. thats the Ubuntu way

True! Though I am no expert, I can still help out people who are even less 'expertish' than myself, and I like helping out!

sapo
August 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
True! Though I am no expert, I can still help out people who are even less 'expertish' than myself, and I like helping out!

Sure.. i ve lost the count of how many times i ve explained how to mount and umount a cdrom, how to run a executable file (chmod), and all these kind of stuff that all newbies that just used windows get lost... :grin:

GeneralZod
August 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
btw.. the best thing you can do for Ubuntu is spread it and help people who know less than you.. thats the Ubuntu way :grin:

Submit bug reports, too! Bugs won't get fixed nor wishes get granted unless the dev teams know about them!

http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/

heimo
August 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone.

Thank you! :) And I also want to thank people on this forum - lots of familiar names out there, many times in same threads, doing this amazing online helpdesk work - giving advice, debugging problems... And because of this, ubuntuforums.org is growing, developing into a great resource of information - and let's not forget: place for Ubuntu people to get together, discuss, found new projects... I see it all over these forums, daily - and it's so active no one can absorb all of it.

So, many thanks to you guys, you know who you are.

st0ic
August 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I've recently recieve my Ubuntu Cd's in the mail I've given out two so far, and got a friend hooked on it. =)