PDA

View Full Version : Online Dictionary Easter Egg!!!

runemaste644
September 8th, 2007, 03:25 AM
I found an easter egg in the Online Dictionary. Search for "Microsoft". Have fun!

gnuman
September 8th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Where's the Easter Egg? I just see the truth....

:lolflag:

nonewmsgs
September 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
what program is that?

FuturePilot
September 8th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Priceless!:lolflag:
Applications>Accessories>Dictionary

Gorgoth
September 8th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Aww... they're not that evil... I mean, they *did* give us Microsoft Sam, and how can we hate that?

<woot for first post>:lolflag:

runemaste644
September 8th, 2007, 03:21 PM
When i tried that, I kinda thought that was gonna happen:lolflag: How many of you actually searched and how many looked at my screenshot? If you looked at the pic, do you think i really needed to blur my IP?

PatrickMay16
September 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I found an easter egg in the Online Dictionary. Search for "Microsoft". Have fun!

Heh!

BTW, why are both of your CPUs scaled up at 2GHz?

runemaste644
September 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It always does that when im running Compiz. But they arent at 100% when i run Compiz all the time of course

bvz
September 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Along these lines, has anyone tried to look up "car" or "bike"?

I just installed Linux for the first time this week and was trying out the dictionary. Those were the first words that popped into my head to test to see if worked (and was worth keeping in the menus - it's a computer for my computer noob friend).

Well, "car" came up with the definition for the word "guage". That was weird, so I tried the second one. "bike", apparently, is a nest of bees.

Who knew?

Figuring that Dictionary was somehow screwed up, I tried a bunch of other words, but they all seemed fine. What are the chances that the first two words I would choose are busted? And who do I report this to?

ben

Lord Illidan
September 9th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I checked out what you said about car and bike, and yes, it is strange.

It seems that the Collaborative International Dictionary of English is at fault here, not the application itself, as can be seen on this site : http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict

FuturePilot
September 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, very strange indeed.

bvz
September 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'll see if I can send them a note.

But kind of funny that the first two words I tried out were broken, eh?

:)

runemaste644
September 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Also, try Microsloth Windows.