PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Clothes Store

Matthew Wiebelhaus
September 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Ok my teacher some how thinks i can get 100 people to answer my poll by going door to door or something its really weird butIi figured this will help me out since i have to read 5 chapters in Technical Drawing but if you can just anwser the poll and that will be fine dont post if you dont want too i just need 100 anwsers. The question is whats your favortie clothing store since most of the people in my class are preppy i had to chose expensive stores so it would make it easy to anwser.

Hollister
American Eagle
Old Navy
Aeropostle
Other

monsieurdozier
September 6th, 2007, 02:20 AM
I voted other. Most of the clothes I wear I either: A) Received for free doing odd jobs (Like lifeguarding for Home Depot, they gave me a shirt.) or B) Bought cheap at Walmart or Goodwill (A consignment store in which the money goes to help people with disabilities get jobs.)

I'm not all that preppy though. I wear clothes for function and I work in a theatre shop, meaning I'm all the time either cutting/carrying around large pieces of wood, or painting all those pieces of wood.

I don't really own nice clothes. =\

Monsieur Dozier

Warren Watts
September 6th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I voted other. I couldn't possibly care less about who's name is on the clothes I wear. I buy most of my clothes at the Thrift Store for pennies on the Dollar.

ryno519
September 6th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Let me see...

My t-shirt says "Fruit of the Loom".

Tiekyl
September 6th, 2007, 03:15 AM
I voted other also...I shop at JC penny...I dont have the $$ to shop at those more preppy places.

Matthew Wiebelhaus
September 6th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I only shop at the preppy places some times when people start to make fun of me from wearing t shirts they have a soccer ball on it our something its kinda weird i guess but i only have like 2 holister shirts and 3 american egale shirts I got them off the clerance rack....but usually i shop at kohls jc-penny dillards sears wall mart the usuall

Koori23
September 6th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I am what you'd consider preppy. I wear Polo, Nautica, yada yada... I don't know, I just always wore that stuff.. It's not expensive, most of it is clearance stuff.. But my girlfriend always gets clothes for me so.. I wear what she gets mainly. Otherwise I'd wear haines t-shirts all the time.

LMP900
September 6th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Most of the time, I wear shirts I got for free (you'd be surprised how many t-shirts you get from activities in high school and college) and jeans or cargo shorts. However, I do have preppy clothes although I can't really vote in the poll since I don't have a favorite store.

Henaro
September 6th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Sadly enough, I dress like a ghetto black person. Not because I like the urban culture or I'm a "str8 wigga fa' lyfe g". It's because it's inexpensive and it helps me fit in at school (I'm the only white kid in my group of friends).

Darkhack
September 6th, 2007, 04:32 AM
I just get clothes that are inexpensive and look good. Usually Walmart or some other discount store. I haven't bought clothes in years though. I haven't grown since like 8th or 9th grade and I am now in my first year of college. Non of my clothes have ads or logos on them. They are all blank with the exception of a sweatshirt I got that says "Linux, don't fear the penguins" and it has a picture of Tux on it. I spent like 30 minutes googling so I could find a picture to show you, but I couldn't find one. I got it as a gift and I don't know where it was purchased. It's awesome though. I hate the cold winter weather, but it will be fun to show it off. I got a lot of comments the first few days I wore it in high school.

blockcipher
September 6th, 2007, 04:43 AM
I shop at mostly Lucky Jean Co., Ben Sherman, and Yanuk.

viergeame
September 6th, 2007, 06:42 AM
I really like Aeropostle. Their stuff really isn't that expensive, and everything I've bought there has been really high quality and fits well. I don't usually have a lot of money to spend on clothes, and I've found that a lot of times it's better to spend a bit more for something that's going to last rather than have to replace lower quality things.

Spr0k3t
September 6th, 2007, 09:21 AM
AEO (American Eagle Outfitters)

Instead of purchasing clothes from them I decided to buy stock. Talk about a good move on that one. I sold the majority of my stock back in Jan though. Most of my clothes are clearance or discount racks though.

Matthew Wiebelhaus
September 6th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the help guys now only 70 more to go in 2 hours.................. = )

plb
September 6th, 2007, 12:58 PM
old navy is the only one with reasonable prices. That said, I don't like clothes that make me look like a billboard e.g. writing all over it. Plain shirts, sweaters etc work for me.

slimdog360
September 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM
kmart

Dragonbite
September 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Usually it's whatever is on sale, but JCPenny seems to have something closer to my style and size more often than the others. Also, for work (shirt/tie) clothes their prices are fairly reasonable.

They also seem to have a quality I don't always (doesn't mean it isn't there, I just have not found it too often) at the likes of Walmart or Kmart.

forrestcupp
September 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
#1 - Wal-mart
#2 - Goodwill

If you want preppy answers, a bunch of Linux geeks aren't really your best choice for a poll.

sanderella
September 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Marks and Spencers, of course.:)

tornadokido
April 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ok my teacher some how thinks i can get 100 people to answer my poll by going door to door or something its really weird butIi figured this will help me out since i have to read 5 chapters in Technical Drawing but if you can just anwser the poll and that will be fine dont post if you dont want too i just need 100 anwsers. The question is whats your favortie clothing store since most of the people in my class are preppy i had to chose expensive stores so it would make it easy to anwser.

Hollister
American Eagle
Old Navy
Aeropostle
Other

I've never heard of any of these shops, maybe that's because I live in England but meh

I don't think it's really all about the clothes you wear, it's about colours
like when I go out my house wearing a bright red hoodie, red combats and red air force 1's people know I'm a prick
which is why I mainly wear black

I shop at Asda, which is basically England's version of Walmart

Also I apologize if this post brings back an old topic because I found it in a google search when I was looking for Linux clothing =P

Linuxratty
April 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I voted other. I couldn't possibly care less about who's name is on the clothes I wear. I buy most of my clothes at the Thrift Store for pennies on the Dollar.

So do I, and for the same reason...In fact,if there is a name on the clothing,I will not buy it.
I'm not going to give some sweat shop owning company that outsourced all their jobs to outer Mongolia free advertising.
I'm also not going to pay $60.00 for pants and the same ( or more) for a shirt.
I also feel recycling is important and thrift shops offer a great way to do this.
The added bonus is I can get a boat load of clothes for less than $20.00.
There is also a video (which I can't find.) which shows how people are conned into thinking it's important to buy name brand clothes and to keep in "style" in order to keep feeding the spend,spend,spend corporate machines.

LaRoza
April 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Target and Boscov's. Don't know if they are world or even nationwide, but I like them.

Belliinator
April 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Target and Boscov's. Don't know if they are world or even nationwide, but I like them.

Target is. We have it here.
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://healthcare.zdnet.com/images/target_logo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://healthcare.zdnet.com/%3Fp%3D341&h=700&w=571&sz=28&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=7qLCp47gVkf1oM:&tbnh=140&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtarget%2B%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client %3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GBfficial%26sa%3DN

y-lee
April 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I don't really believe in clothes, but I live in America and have to on occasion. Besides my job wouldn't be safe if I didn't.

Anyway I usually shop at salvation Army, thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets. I refuse to shop at any place that drug tests employees and honestly could care less about brands or fashion. I might be a hippie ya know, so i try to get as much as I can for free.:lolflag: