PDA

View Full Version : Html: Borders down the side of webpage

b0ng0
September 4th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I am writing my report for work in HTML and it would look well snazzy if I could put continous borders down the left and right sides of the page. I am just looking for some HTML code that would do this, I have the images already.

Just looking to have some colour down the sides to box the main content in. Thanks.

LaRoza
September 4th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I am writing my report for work in HTML and it would look well snazzy if I could put continous borders down the left and right sides of the page. I am just looking for some HTML code that would do this, I have the images already.

Just looking to have some colour down the sides to box the main content in. Thanks.

body
{
border-right-color:#000000;
border-right-width:2px;
border-right-style:ridge;

border-left-color:#000000;
border-left-width:2px;
border-left-style:ridge;
}

Add this to a style sheet, external would probably be best.

Fiddle with it after writing the report.

Of course, you can change the color, width, and style, this is just an example. Also, you will can alter the padding or margins to set them right.

-EDIT I don't know how your markup is, but I am assuming it is plain XHTML (h1-h6, p, ul, ol). Put it all in a div, and apply the style to that instead of the body. You can then give the div the dimensions you want, and have better control.

b0ng0
September 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks works a treat. Just added the border properties into the body section of style before the main document code.

LaRoza
September 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Glad it helped.