PDA

View Full Version : Java & JMF

Qui
September 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
I have downloaded and Installed

Java 1.6.0
JMF-2.1.1e

wrote a tiny application: A Media Player - it works flawlessly in windows - however, when i try to compile and run it in linux i get the following error after selecting a sample movie to play ("als.mpg"):

Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.codec.video.jmpx.Jmpx@1125127

i followed the instructions here:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/setup-linux.html

nada; any suggestions will be appreciated,
Qui

SYSTEM
--------------------------
Ubuntu 7.04 - Feisty Fawn (UP TO DATE)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
320GB HDD
3.2GHZ Celeron D
1 GB RAM
WIRELESS NETWK
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Qui
September 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
solution, point to the JMF & use the export commands in the run file instead of the setenv:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

export JMFHOME=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JMFHOME/lib
export CLASSPATH=$JMFHOME/lib/jmf.jar

javac -classpath /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/jmf.jar:. DVR.java
java -classpath /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/jmf.jar:. DVR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forgewire
June 6th, 2009, 11:45 AM
The solution is to use Windows because JMF doesn't work in 9.04 neither 8.04 with classpath set or without it:

Unable to realize com.sun.media.codec.video.jmpx.Jmpx@10655dd
Could not realize media player
Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.codec.video.jmpx.Jmpx@edc3a2
Could not realize media player

or:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/NoPlayerException
at MediaTest.main
- is the best you can get out of it.):P

tail /etc/profile :

export JAVA_HOME=/home/demon/bin/jdk1.6.0_14
export PATH=$PATH:/home/demon/bin/jdk1.6.0_14/bin
export PATH=$PATH:.:/home/demon/bin/jdk1.6.0_14/jre/lib
export JAVA_PATH=/home/demon/bin/jdk1.6.0_14/bin
export JMFHOME=/home/demon/bin/JMF-2.1.1e
export JRE_HOME=/home/demon/bin/jdk1.6.0_14/jre
export CLASSPATH=$JMFHOME/lib/jmf.jar:.:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JMFHOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

But it work flawlessly on ******* (the same code).

Correct me if I wrong and good luck with it

forgewire
June 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I've just sorted the problem by installing JMF from a source code.

johnrz86
July 11th, 2009, 10:26 PM
On Ubuntu 9.04, I solved this problem by copying all the *.so files from $JMFHOME/lib into /usr/lib. Not the cleanest solution I admit, but I needed it to work urgently.

froggyswamp
July 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I'm impressed that people (are trying to) use JMF. Last time I checked it it was criticized for being buggy and cumbersome, those who are using it could comment on it please?

RevNomad
August 13th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I have tried installing JMF several times for use with Impress. The two have never worked. I'm not a programmer nor am I a computer professional. Is there any simple way to install JMF and have it work with Openoffice.org?

Drone022
August 13th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I tried to use JMF in a project for university, it was horrible to use. Tons of bugs, not much support as far as I remember, is it still being maintained? I would advise against using it for anything important.

I ditched it completely in favour of writing a video player myself from scratch. Im surprised anyone uses it.

Drone022
August 13th, 2009, 12:39 PM
oh, this is from 2007. I was wondering why it had so many views yet so little posts.

RevNomad
August 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
oh, this is from 2007. I was wondering why it had so many views yet so little posts.

Because it is still an issue. I want to add audio and video to Impress presentations but cannot because (I'm told) OO.org needs JMF to run media. I would love a better solution.
NTP

udippel
November 11th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I would love a better solution.
NTP

We all love a better solution. After fiddling with that silly JMF on Ubuntu, I found it.
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
and here I can drop any media into a slide and - voilą - it works.

You see if it works easily: When you get some 'audio-ear', it won't. After the install, the media are replaced with a '?' in the slide, and then it works perfectly well.