PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian laptop commercial

Joakim Stokland
September 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
Haha, just got to tell you! I just saw a commercial on Norwgian television for a laptop with Vista pre-installed. The salesman told that "This computer is so fast that you can run several applications simultaneously, and still the computer won't freeze!"
You don't see a someone with an Ubuntu-box bragging about that! :D

jeremy
September 3rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Is there an advertising standards authority in Norway? If so the ad should be reported as misleading!

Joakim Stokland
September 3rd, 2007, 05:15 PM
You've actually got a point there... Perhaps this would be a rupture of the marketing law? It says something about misleading advertisements... Anyway, I think it was hilarious! Haven't laughed that good since... Well, at work today, but anyway :p

beefcurry
September 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Is there an advertising standards authority in Norway? If so the ad should be reported as misleading!

misleading?! Thats totally awesome!!! not many computers can run vista and not have the computer freeze!

blithen
September 3rd, 2007, 05:43 PM
You guys come on, we all know, from izanbardprince's review of windows 95, it is superior, I might actually buy the laptop if it came with Win95

Joakim Stokland
September 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
You can buy it from me! I'll fix it with Win95 if you want to! But I'LL get to set the price! ;)

init1
September 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Haha, just got to tell you! I just saw a commercial on Norwgian television for a laptop with Vista pre-installed. The salesman told that "This computer is so fast that you can run several applications simultaneously, and still the computer won't freeze!"
You don't see a someone with an Ubuntu-box bragging about that! :D
Several? Like maybe notepad and the calculator?

ThinkBuntu
September 3rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
I feel like this is another Windows-bashing post. I never had a problem running the following programs concurrently in XP:

Dreamweaver
Photoshop CS2
Fireworks
Firefox
WinFTP
Internet Explorer 6
Opera
TextPad
Bittorrent
MSN Messenger
Norton Antivirus

Along with all the other usual cluttler while at my last job. The machine crashed once in 14 months, and that was because Norton jammed up. On the other hand, in Linux I did have apps frequently crash on me, just never the whole system. There were a couple times I had to return to a text login as my only alternative to rebooting...