PDA

View Full Version : Good Programs for Web Design?

quadomatic
September 3rd, 2007, 02:31 AM
I'm trying to find some programs that will be helpful for web design. I need an HTML and CSS editor. Some good graphics programs would be helpful too.

I already use Quanta Plus and GIMP, but some other good ones would be nice too. Some tutorials that would help for GIMP would be nice too.

EDIT: I'm not really interested in WYSIWYG Editors. I don't find them to be very efficient when compared to just code.

TeraDyne
September 3rd, 2007, 02:48 AM
I'm trying to find some programs that will be helpful for web design. I need an HTML and CSS editor. Some good graphics programs would be helpful too.

I already use Quanta Plus and GIMP, but some other good ones would be nice too. Some tutorials that would help for GIMP would be nice too.

There's KompoZer, Bluefish, and Screem for HTML\CSS. Bluefish and Screem are in the repositories, and Kompozer can be found at http://kompozer.sourceforge.net/ .

As for GIMP tutorials, I have a few links in my del.icio.us bookmarks that might interest you. You can find it at http://del.icio.us/teradyne/gimp

quadomatic
September 3rd, 2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks. I've tried Bluefish and Screem. I'm not really interested in a WYSIWYG editor.

I just got Aptana, and it seems like it's going to be very useful.

Dr Small
September 3rd, 2007, 02:56 AM
Nvu is a WYSIWYG editor for HTML files and has CSS Interrogation, if I recall.

Dr Small

qalimas
September 3rd, 2007, 04:11 AM
You say you already use Quanta Plus. I personally use it, and have found no app to equal it. It looks nice, it's project management is exactly what I need, pressing F8 ftps (ssh's, whatever) all changed project files to where they need to be on the web server and whatnot.

Is there something specific you want? I think if you look around Q+, you'll see it can do just about everything.

quadomatic
September 3rd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Any other ideas?

Beamerboy
September 3rd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Another shout for Bluefish here, I use it exclusively.

Paladine

thesmartace
September 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I use Quanta. I love the easy upload and the autocompletes. That said, I'm starting to use Aptana a bit more for things now (which also has sftp and autocompletes).

For graphics I use Inkscape and GIMP.

curuxz
September 9th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Bluefish gets my vote, very good code formating and its quick :)

Keep meaning to take a better look at quanta tho, since being a KDE user I think thats what Im 'ment' to be using....