PDA

View Full Version : Does Microsoft EVER get viruses?

nowshining
September 3rd, 2007, 02:22 AM
NOTE THIS HAS BEEN EDITED 2 TIME(s)....

i noticed that they are running a 2008 server I do not think is totally released yet - I could be wrong, but that's in the end not the point? if they run the Operating System they built do they EVER get viruses / malware , etc.. :/ I never hear of them getting junk like that but from other businesses who use it so Microsoft could be true what they say about the servers they use on their end and using that to sell a BAD COPY to the end user..

Just a question and thought bubble!

PilotJLR
September 3rd, 2007, 04:23 AM
Are you saying they intentionally introduce vulnerabilities that are not present in their own production systems? That seems very unlikely.

raul_
September 3rd, 2007, 04:28 AM
No, he's saying that microsoft is not stupid to the point of using a vulnerable system, and that they might be "tweaking" their servers in order to be more secure. that's what I understood though

nowshining
September 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
well i never hear of Microsoft internally getting viruses nor their website getting hacked except one and one time but that was it... nor have seen hardly anytrouble with Microsoft sites themselves except for a ddos once, but again those are like one or two time compared to the end users businesses getting a ton of that junk happening to them..

nowshining
September 3rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
No, he's saying that microsoft is not stupid to the point of using a vulnerable system, and that they might be "tweaking" their servers in order to be more secure. that's what I understood though

Actually you both are right on what I was trying to say / ask/ know of.. half for you raul and half for the other poster before you/but after my initial post..

edit - well up to 99 percent for both totally and 1 percent being something else but close to what Pilot said...

EDit2 by the 1 percent I mean do they patch if they do not actually make vulnerable the end users copy - do they do not patch them as quickly and know all the bugs/vulnerabilities but do not tell/patch anyone until it becomes mainstream on the internet.. you know when they first put out the operating system / and before hand....