PDA

View Full Version : Great Computer Deals around the state

amazingtaters
September 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
So, St. Chuck's folk abound in here. And EPC is a pretty rockin place when I need to pick up something cheap, especially for one of my less computer savvy family members.

Penguinista
September 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
There's a place in the West Bottoms of KC called Surplus Exchange that tends to be a hangout for Linux groupies looking for a good deal. They get hardware and office furniture donated to them from corporations, and then resell it to non-profits and the public. Unfortunately, most of what you find there is deeply out of date.

There used to be a computer shop on Wornall (BETek?) that had pretty good deals on more recent, used equipment. Anyone know if they are still around? Are there any other good spots for used equipment in Kansas City? I have so much already that I would certainly be a divorcee if I bought more, but I often have friends ask for recommendations.

Spr0k3t
September 3rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
I moved these last two posts to a new thread for a better view.

Another good spot in the Kansas City, KS area is Microcenter (http://microcenteronline.com). Usually you can catch some pretty sweet deals there on new stuff.

Penguinista
September 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
They used to have the finest computer book collection anywhere. It has really gone downhill, but they are still a pretty good spot to purchase cabling and electronics accessories. Since I started buying laptops intead of putting my own whitebox desktops together, however, I've found I like Best Buy much better. I have gradually become an HP loyalist, and I am rarely able to beat Best Buy's prices on HP laptops.

nilihanth
September 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I think BETek is still there, Matt.

amazingtaters
September 6th, 2007, 03:24 AM
So, a question for the EPC guys here. I will be home for about a month over christmas break, and I need a temporary job. I'd like to avoid seasonal work at some place like a department store or toys-r-us. Is there any way I could work at EPC over the break, and then come back once school is over in early May?

ackbarr
September 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Send me a PM with your contact information. We have part-time openings from time to time, and I can help you get in touch with our retail manager.

Spr0k3t
September 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Now that is just awesome... Kudos Admiral!