Informal Poll:

Which Ubuntu Destop do you use/like:

1) Ubuntu
2) Kubuntu
3) Xubuntu

I beilive there's another as well.

macogw
September 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
I like GNOME (the default for Ubuntu) the most of what Ubuntu offers, but I really really love the look of Enlightenment 17. I have Debian + E17 on one very old system, and it's fast. When they get a NetworkManager applet for E, I might have to ditch GNOME (I'd miss the "scale" plugin on Beryl though).

This should be in the Community Cafe, by the way.

Duck2006
September 2nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
edubuntu

terabyte1
September 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have tried Ubuntu and Kubuntu and swapped around several times and come to the conclusion that the original concept of Ubuntu as defined using the Gnome Desktop is the best for me. But you must decide what is best for you, for my choices are my own and yours and your own. It doesn't really matter which one you use - the Spirit of Ubuntu pervades all forms of this wonderful system of Linux! Although it says I use Mandriva, I've given up using Mandriva and Microsoft XP for Ubuntu and have given my hard disk over to Ubuntu entirely. I believe that the spirit of Ubuntu is starting to work through me - perhaps I can help someone in the future and fulfill what Ubuntu means for them.

terabyte1 :)

Frak
September 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Kubuntu

Happy_Man
September 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Kubuntu.

happysmileman
September 2nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Kubuntu

EDIT: Not insulting GNOME or anything, but it seems despite the much greater number of GNOME users here, the KDE users all seem happier with their DE, GNOME is just used by default

euler_fan
September 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
Informal Poll:

Which Ubuntu Destop do you use/like:

1) Ubuntu
2) Kubuntu
3) Xubuntu

I beilive there's another as well.

Gnome, but I would be thrilled if there was an enlightenment version. I've tried XFCE and didn't really find it faster than Gnome.

mindtrick
September 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Ubuntu. I've tried several desktops but I can never feel as comfortable as this.

curuxz
September 2nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Kubuntu (or more specificaly KE)