PDA

View Full Version : Anyone located within DFW area, I need your help!

BrandonPerry
September 1st, 2007, 04:27 AM
Hi, my name is Brandon Perry and I have recently started a project to try and push Edubuntu into my (AISD) school system. My mom is a Junior High teacher and many of my friends and my mom's friends are teachers. I recently installed Edubuntu on an old Pentium 2 (128 MB RAM) and set it up in her class and a lot of teachers in her school would like to have one and some other teachers that I have talked to in different schools would also like to have a computer with Edubuntu. This is aimed towards elementary/junior high schools, but is applicable to an extent in high school (KVerbos).

I am looking for donated/very cheap ($20-30) computers, preferably that work and have a monitor. I am looking for 1 gig processors and 128 megs of RAM if possible. If you would like to help me, email me at brandon [at] thresholdofthought [dot] com or IM me at BrandonPrry (AIM). Again, this is for the DFW area. I am more than willing to come pick up the computers from businesses or houses. I do work during the day, but we do have a long weekend :-D with Labor Day and I generally get off work at about 2-3. Please help if you can!

EDIT: Just some BG info. AISD is one of the biggest school districts in the US. If we can even have them consider using Ubuntu in the schools, it will be a huge step forward.

Spr0k3t
September 1st, 2007, 06:43 AM
If I was in the area, I would be willing to contribute time to the project. However, you may want to get in touch with one of the LoCos who would have a better opportunity to help in your area.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TexasTeam

This is an excellent project for the LoCo of whoever might be in the area. It would be a great way to build the team to a certified LoCo.

Edit: Check the link to the map in my signature. There are definitely people in the area... just need to see about the interest.

BrandonPerry
September 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
Alright, will do. Thanks!