PDA

View Full Version : The Mind of a Web Developer: An Illustrated Diagram

RAV TUX
September 1st, 2007, 04:01 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=42210&d=1188615659

http://mingle2.com/blog/view/web-developer-mind

macogw
September 1st, 2007, 05:37 AM
That's fantastic. Especially the bits about strangling IE devs and remembering syntax while forgetting where you put the keys.

Taino
September 1st, 2007, 06:05 AM
This area is responsible for keeping you up at night when you know a page doesn't validate*

That is so unfortunately true. :KS errors... darned page errors... :KS

PryGuy
September 1st, 2007, 06:15 AM
How true!!! =D>

southernman
September 1st, 2007, 06:17 AM
Hehehe - I liked this part attached below.

ThinkBuntu
September 1st, 2007, 06:59 AM
Was someone reading my mind the last 14 months I worked web design? Hopefully it's not too long until some of those cobwebs clear out, although Python has my attention now.

RAV TUX
September 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Was someone reading my mind the last 14 months I worked web design? Hopefully it's not too long until some of those cobwebs clear out, although Python has my attention now.

Have you used mootools?

Darkhack
September 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
A few missing parts..

- suicidal feelings that come from incompetent clients/co-workers who suggest ideas that would only be found on a 1998 Geocities page.
- increases blood pressure whenever you hear the words "Web 2.0".
- sub-conscience region that knows that if you don't get out of this job you'll go completely insane and/or wind up as the 40 year old virgin.
- gives you a stomach ache and doubt in humanity when you see a poorly designed SQL database.
- causes embarrassment when you yell at your fellow developers, asking who wrote such horrible code on this file, only to realize that you had written it less than two months ago.
- region that releases cancer causing chemicals into the blood stream when seeing a page that is XHTML but sends their MIME type as text/html.

I'm sure there is a lot more since the brain is a very complex organ.

kostkon
September 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
- region that releases cancer causing chemicals into the blood stream when seeing a page that is XHTML but sends their MIME type as text/html.

Ah, you mean almost every page. Then, if what you say about the chemicals is right and the MIME stuff goes on, then in some years all the web designers will vanish from the face of the earth. ):P

Seriously, I see day by day more pages are served as XHTML, although IE continues to have problems with this. Happily, there are ways to overcome the IE shortcomings.