PDA

View Full Version : About "Interfaith Marriage"

Nano Geek
September 1st, 2007, 03:58 AM
Hello everyone,

First, let me apologize for that rude remark I made. I was writing a quick response and I wasn't thinking about what I was saying carefully enough. I had heard before that a Islamic father asked his son to kill his sister because she wanted a divorce from her husband. When I wrote that comment that's what I was thinking of and it was stupid of me to say such a thing.

I really don't have anything against most Muslims and I really do apologize for that comment and I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

I hope that you will forgive me.

Regards,
asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33

Nano Geek
September 4th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I just received this message.

After discussing this matter with other forum staff I would like to inform you that you are on moderation for a period of 1 month due to numerous posts you have made in the Backyard including, but not limited to, the recent one in the 'Interfaith Marriage' thread.

During this period of time you will be on barred from posting in the Backyard.

If you have any issues with the infractions you can bring this up in the Resolution Centre.

Regards.

What else did I do in the backyard that many others have also done? I have tried to be as polite as possible. So could you tell me what other posts you found offensive?

Thanks.

Nano Geek
September 6th, 2007, 02:20 AM
I just received this message.

After discussing this matter with other forum staff I would like to inform you that you are on moderation for a period of 1 month due to numerous posts you have made in the Backyard including, but not limited to, the recent one in the 'Interfaith Marriage' thread.

During this period of time you will be on barred from posting in the Backyard.

If you have any issues with the infractions you can bring this up in the Resolution Centre.

Regards.
What else did I do in the backyard that many others have also done? I have tried to be as polite as possible. So could you tell me what other posts you found offensive?

Thanks.Could I have an answer please?
Thank you

Nano Geek
September 7th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Listen guys, this is getting annoying.

I was accused by PartisanEntity of posting multiple messages that were against forum policy, but he did not say exactly which ones. I have written him and still no response. Should I believe that he has no reason for banning me?

Can someone answer me, please?

Thank you

Nano Geek
September 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Also, I was told that I would be barred from the Backyard for a month. That's fine, except that I'm also barred from everything else.

Admins, I ask you again to please respond to my requests.

Thank you

Nano Geek
September 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM
OK
I just received word from PartisanEntity that the message was actually from HymnToLife.

I am calling on her to resolve this problem in this thread. I have already written her with the details.

If she doesn't respond within three days, I would ask the other forum Administrators to please resolve this issue themselves.

Thank you

matthew
September 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I was a participant in the discussions. We looked over much of your recent posting history and saw a consistent pattern of causing controversy. This is normal in a politics or religion based forum, but not the sort of thing we really have the time, energy, or interest in policing in a tech support community forum. The backyard and cafe are interesting places to discuss current events, and sometimes controversies arise. That is okay. With you it has been more common than we can handle as a staff and as a community. Please consider the nature of our community (tech-based, with some community interests thrown in occasionally) when you regain the ability to post. Thank you.

Nano Geek
September 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I was a participant in the discussions. We looked over much of your recent posting history and saw a consistent pattern of causing controversy. This is normal in a politics or religion based forum, but not the sort of thing we really have the time, energy, or interest in policing in a tech support community forum. The backyard and cafe are interesting places to discuss current events, and sometimes controversies arise. That is okay. With you it has been more common than we can handle as a staff and as a community. Please consider the nature of our community (tech-based, with some community interests thrown in occasionally) when you regain the ability to post. Thank you.By controversies do you mean that I don't agree with the majority of the forum people? Then yes I would agree with you that I have caused controversies before, so has everyone else.

I try not to be rude to people and, outside of the Backyard, I have not debated with anyone on anything.

In my mind, others in the Backyard are much more controversial that I am. I thought that the Backyard was the place for controversies. Where people could speak their mind and not have to worry about being quieted because that topic was not what the forums were for.

I would ask you to revise your decision.

Thank you

matthew
September 7th, 2007, 05:52 PM
By controversies do you mean that I don't agree with the majority of the forum people? Then yes I would agree with you that I have caused controversies before, so has everyone else.

I try not to be rude to people and, outside of the Backyard, I have not debated with anyone on anything.

In my mind, others in the Backyard are much more controversial that I am. I thought that the Backyard was the place for controversies. Where people could speak their mind and not have to worry about being quieted because that topic was not what the forums were for.

I would ask you to revise your decision.

Thank youControversy is okay, until it becomes ubiquitous (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ubiquitous). Your posts and replies, your participation in threads almost always leads them down this road. In mathematical terms, the longer you participate in a discussion in the backyard, the likelihood of the discussion becoming ugly approaches one. This needs to stop. To help you learn this lesson, the decision to limit your participation for a while will stand.

You can appeal to the Forums Council if you wish by putting an agenda item on the wiki page and attending the next meeting on IRC.

Nano Geek
September 7th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Controversy is okay, until it becomes ubiquitous (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ubiquitous). Your posts and replies, your participation in threads almost always leads them down this road. In mathematical terms, the longer you participate in a discussion in the backyard, the likelihood of the discussion becoming ugly approaches one. This needs to stop. To help you learn this lesson, the decision to limit your participation for a while will stand.

You can appeal to the Forums Council if you wish by putting an agenda item on the wiki page and attending the next meeting on IRC.I don't know what else I would do. I state what I believe, and I try to be careful not to offend others. They call me and my beliefs names. I cannot help what they do. Shouldn't that be taken up with them and not me? As far as I know, I have not called anyone a offending name before in the forum.

As for the Forum Council
If every Admin agreed with you on the decision then there would be no point in bringing it up again somewhere else.

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 12:52 AM
One other thing:

I was told that I would be banned from the Backyard. Yet I cannot post other places either. Was this also part of my punishment or has it simply not been lifted.

I would also like to hear some of the other forum staff members thoughts as well.

Please respond soon

Thank you

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Sorry, one more thing.

Here are some of the rude comments made about me or my faith.

God i hate you, you pretend to be a Christian and all you spew is hate.

May you rot in hell.

(and yeah, this will be my last infraction but it's OH SO WORTH IT).

I even tried to make peace with him by posting the Coexist image but he slapped that friendly hand by stating that people are not really equal in his mind.

I guess this is futile, he's going to continue to spew his hate about how Muslim fathers kill their daughters every time they marry and how Christians are worth more than others without even so much as a twitch from a mod, call the SOB on it though and you get an infraction or a warning.

'm going to make this short and sweet, if you don't get that the scientific theory of evolution then you are just ignorant.

But there is, you just don't want to know about it. You probably think it's blasphemous or something ;P

It's not a thought, you denying the reality is just because you are uneducated or ignorant.

There are more, but these are the ones that I could find quickly.

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 04:52 AM
I am again asking for an answer to my questions.
I have raised, in my mind, valid points that need to be answered.

I understand that this is a volunteer job. However, if you volunteer for something it needs to be done.

Thank you

matthew
September 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I am again asking for an answer to my questions.The more a person pushes and demonstrates impatience, the less likely they are to get good service--this is something I have witnessed all over the world. Being pushy only works once, if ever. Being patient, kind, gentle and friendly wins friends for a lifetime and begets great service. A person who treats a waiter poorly is not a good person, period.

I have raised, in my mind, valid points that need to be answered.Key words, "in my mind." Perhaps we haven't felt your questions were anything other than self-righteously indignant, trivial, and/or answered already. Either that, or we have been genuinely busy. Either one is realistic and possible. It might even be both.

I understand that this is a volunteer job. However, if you volunteer for something it needs to be done.

Thank youThanks for being pedantic and insulting. See how fake that comes across--I'm not actually speaking in gratitude in this sentence, I'm mocking you with my tone. That is wrong (I only did it to provide an example of what not to do...).

This is an example of why you constantly end up in the middle of conflict. The fake-sounding thanks at the end of your post doesn't flow with the overall tone of your posts. I don't believe you actually are thankful, but rather passive aggressive. You consistently come across as arrogant, closed minded, demanding, and frankly, rather rude, not solely in this thread (where you have been relatively civil, and I appreciate that), but over a long time in your posting history. I do not see people making statements like the ones you quoted above to others in these forums on any sort of regular basis. There are many, many Christians here who are well respected and treated as such. I don't think it is your religion that people have a problem with, I think that is the focal point of their comments because of how you represent your beliefs and how you come across while doing so. This is my answer to your questions.

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 03:18 PM
The more a person pushes and demonstrates impatience, the less likely they are to get good service--this is something I have witnessed all over the world. Being pushy only works once, if ever. Being patient, kind, gentle and friendly wins friends for a lifetime and begets great service. A person who treats a waiter poorly is not a good person, period.
Key words, "in my mind." Perhaps we haven't felt your questions were anything other than self-righteously indignant, trivial, and/or answered already. Either that, or we have been genuinely busy. Either one is realistic and possible. It might even be both.
Thanks for being pedantic and insulting. See how fake that comes across--I'm not actually speaking in gratitude in this sentence, I'm mocking you with my tone. That is wrong (I only did it to provide an example of what not to do...).

This is an example of why you constantly end up in the middle of conflict. The fake-sounding thanks at the end of your post doesn't flow with the overall tone of your posts. I don't believe you actually are thankful, but rather passive aggressive. You consistently come across as arrogant, closed minded, demanding, and frankly, rather rude, not solely in this thread (where you have been relatively civil, and I appreciate that), but over a long time in your posting history. I do not see people making statements like the ones you quoted above to others in these forums on any sort of regular basis. There are many, many Christians here who are well respected and treated as such. I don't think it is your religion that people have a problem with, I think that is the focal point of their comments because of how you represent your beliefs and how you come across while doing so. This is my answer to your questions.Alright Matthew. I really am sorry. I was just frustrated by the lack of response that I have been getting. I will try to be more patient.

In the Backyard, I agree with you completely. I is frustrating when you see people constantly calling your faith or your country or anything that you feel strongly for stupid. I feel that I need to refute them or more of those insults will come.

But I still don't see exactly what I did wrong in the Cafe or other places. There, I have been responded to well. If you would, could you post some of the comments that you think were better unsaid.

Thank you

I will try to be more patient back here in the future.

matthew
September 8th, 2007, 05:07 PM
In the Backyard, I agree with you completely.

But I still don't see exactly what I did wrong in the Cafe or other places. There, I have been responded to well. If you would, could you post some of the comments that you think were better unsaid.I just took a long, in-depth look at all your posts in the Cafe, and other forums as well, between now and April. I see your point. Aside from the Backyard silliness and some rather pointed comments in the Resolution Center and Forum Feedback areas (probably composed in the heat of the moment), I can't see anything objectionable.

I am going to offer a compromise. Right now I will reverse the recent infraction that put all your posts into the moderation queue. I am also modifying your account permissions so that you are unable to post in the Backyard (I'm not sure if it will affect your ability to read posts in the Backyard as well, it might). This is to remain in effect until October 1st, the date the infraction was to expire. There isn't a way to set it up in the forum software to automatically restore your posting permission in the Backyard, so if I forget to do it on that date, please send me a PM or post again in this thread on October 2nd.

Since we have discussed and agreed that the real problem was in the Backyard, I think this is fair and I hope you will as well. It is never my desire to be punitive, but rather to help make these forums the best environment possible for real community to exist. Let's call this a learning experience. Hopefully, once October 1st arrives, we will discover all is well and we can move on in a positive way.

Have a great day.

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Thank you very much Matthew.

That was more than fair and I hope I learn to be a better member of the community.

I will try not to cause any more problems for you and the others Admins.

Again, thank you

matthew
September 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much Matthew.

That was more than fair and I hope I learn to be a better member of the community.

I will try not to cause any more problems for you and the others Admins.

Again, thank you

asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33I'm truly glad we are both able to walk away happy. I look forward to a long and good relationship between us and to your continued enjoyment of and participation in these forums.

See you around!

Nano Geek
September 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
By the way, it did block me from viewing the Backyard.
No big deal.

Again thank you

matthew
September 9th, 2007, 12:14 AM
By the way, it did block me from viewing the Backyard.
No big deal.
Well, now we know. Thanks for telling me. :)