PDA

View Full Version : Man Shoots Girlfriend’s Computer After Installing Windows Vista

RAV TUX
September 1st, 2007, 03:51 AM
Posted in What The ? (http://www.funtechtalk.com/category/what-the/) by Klink on the July 7th, 2007
Friday night in Columbia South Carolina, ex-law enforcement officer Ray Jackson lost his temper while trying to repair his girlfriend’s computer.

http://www.funtechtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/compshot.jpg After installing Windows Vista on the girlfriend’s 2 year old computer Jackson was trying to get some of her older programs to work with the new operating system. “He couldn’t get anything to work like it was supposed to”, said girlfriend Wanda White. “He just kept screaming at it and smacking the side of the computer”.

White had heard enough cursing from her boyfriend and went next door to her friend’s apartment. After about 20 minutes White and her friend heard gun shots from the apartment where Jackson was working. “We both ran over there to see what was happening”, said White. When she opened the door there sat Jackson with his pistol in his hand. He had just shot the computer 5 times and missed once. The miss had gone into the neighbors apartment and the bullet was lodged into their refrigerator.Jackson is being held at the Corrections Department of S.C. His bail hearing will be held Monday morning.Courtesy of The State Paper. http://www.funtechtalk.com/man-shoots-girlfriends-computer-after-installing-windows-vista/

Depressed Man
September 1st, 2007, 03:52 AM
Haha I gotta send this to my professor. He loves computer rage (he actually does studies on it lol).

Ripfox
September 1st, 2007, 03:54 AM
Patience, dude...patience.

dizee
September 1st, 2007, 03:55 AM
Only in America ;)

Though, given it's Vista, I can't really blame him, I'd have done the same.

Fonon
September 1st, 2007, 04:01 AM
Now do people see what Microsoft software does to your computer?

jrusso2
September 1st, 2007, 04:01 AM
Someone needs to tell him about Ubuntu

John.Michael.Kane
September 1st, 2007, 04:03 AM
Seems like a case of PBKAC.

FuturePilot
September 1st, 2007, 04:07 AM
At first I thought, is this for real?

That's just priceless.:lolflag:

That made my day, er, night.

gundumfx
September 1st, 2007, 04:09 AM
haha lol well i have to post this to some other forums this thing is funny

dizee
September 1st, 2007, 04:10 AM
Bit off-topic but, come to think of it, it is amazing what Windows users will put up with. It's like they expect the OS to annoy the helll out of them, but accept that as being perfectly normal. I guess they just don't know about the alternatives.

I wonder how he managed to miss a shot, surely he would have been firing from point-blank range :confused:

Tux Aubrey
September 1st, 2007, 04:52 AM
I wonder how he managed to miss a shot, surely he would have been firing from point-blank range

That's probably why he's been arrested. The other four shots were entirely justified.

~LoKe
September 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM
So we're trusting a guy with a short temper to carry a gun around and protect us? Erg.

mikeypizano
September 1st, 2007, 04:58 AM
Hey LINUX can cuase rage too ;) Just ask people like me with troublesome laptops! ;)

igknighted
September 1st, 2007, 05:06 AM
I wonder how he managed to miss a shot, surely he would have been firing from point-blank range :confused:

Clearly you've never seen American law enforcement officers shoot. I watched an officer need an entire clip to kill a skunk from point blank range, and another needed to go to the night stick after trying to finish off a wounded dear... and failing after 3 clips!

HarshReality
September 1st, 2007, 05:07 AM
Now... maybe it wasnt MS fault... he was working on his chicks box... maybe he decided to take a break and mod the case with new cool air vents.......

Nope, had to have been MS

mikeypizano
September 1st, 2007, 05:08 AM
Clearly you've never seen American law enforcement officers shoot. I watched an officer need an entire clip to kill a skunk from point blank range, and another needed to go to the night stick after trying to finish off a wounded dear... and failing after 3 clips!

:lolflag: And we trust them to PROTECT us???

Spr0k3t
September 1st, 2007, 05:23 AM
"Ever fired your gun in the air and yelled, 'Aaaaaaah?'" - Danny Butterman

Yarp.

SZF2001
September 1st, 2007, 05:47 AM
Oh, so you like Reno 911! too?

Granted, everyone was shooting a chicken in the movie and in the series whenever they tried on a new bullet proof vest they shot someone in the shoulder or somewhere else... They try. GOD BLESS AMERICA

karellen
September 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
yes, some men are really smart

EdThaSlayer
September 1st, 2007, 08:37 AM
lol.Never knew that someone could get that mad. So, I guess his girlfriends pc is dead?

tcpip4lyfe
September 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Vista kills refrigerators.

steven8
September 1st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Holy Computer, Batman!!

Arwen
September 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
At least from now on I 'll know that a hard new OS's configuration may be fatal.. :-P

Lord Illidan
September 1st, 2007, 12:11 PM
Bad shot!

Perfect Storm
September 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Epic!

That made my day.

buzzmandt
September 1st, 2007, 12:50 PM
what's the charge?
endagering innocent refridgerators?
p.c.-ocide

maybe he could get a shorter sentence by proving vista had made him temporarily insane--
This just in......
windows vista causes insanity
perhaps he was really a genious in disguise and was trying to make IBM compatible bullets....

hah, that's just silly

PatrickMay16
September 1st, 2007, 01:15 PM
Someone needs to tell him about Ubuntu

No, he'll probably set nukes off when he finds that it can't run any of his current windows software. And this is not even counting when he tries to get the wireless working.

Steveway
September 1st, 2007, 01:19 PM
He can't be guilty.
I'm sure Vista attacked him first. :)

Dave Crowhurst
September 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Bit off-topic but, come to think of it, it is amazing what Windows users will put up with. It's like they expect the OS to annoy the helll out of them, but accept that as being perfectly normal. I guess they just don't know about the alternatives.

And how would this guy have dealt with an Ubuntu install?
Oh, no sound. Hmmm, video files don't play. Grrrr, I don't seem to have the right codecs.....BANG! BANG! BANG!

This is an amusing story but lets not try and fool anyone that Ubuntu (or any other OS) is hassle free. Ubuntu doesn't "just work", and neither does OSX or Vista.

RAV TUX
September 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM
lol.Never knew that someone could get that mad. So, I guess his girlfriends pc is dead?

You never know, he could have just shot the monitor?

maybe he could get a shorter sentence by proving vista had made him temporarily insane--

He could sue Microsoft for making him go insane.

Anything can happen, like the judge here in DC that sued a dry cleaners for 65 million for losing his pants. (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/2007/05/dc_judge_wants_65_million_for.html)

He lost the case but now he's filing an appeal, to try again.