PDA

View Full Version : Either LinuxWorld or someone will have to pay for this

vexorian
September 1st, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hey, you just navigate through Linux sites, and you don't expect to find such BS like what I found:

And those ads are everywhere in that site

Beamerboy
September 1st, 2007, 12:49 AM
Never heard of a parody?

Look at the name of the "newspaper".

Paladine

WishingWell
September 1st, 2007, 12:50 AM
Hey, you just navigate through Linux sites, and you don't expect to find such BS like what I found:

And those ads are everywhere in that site

"The highly reliable times"? LOL

In some areas MS has actually gotten their crap together like IIS, it's been close to flawless since the introduction of the latest version while Apache has weekly exploit fixes.

If that is what they're talking about then it's true,.

happysmileman
September 1st, 2007, 12:52 AM
In some areas MS has actually gotten their crap together like IIS, it's been close to flawless since the introduction of the latest version while Apache has weekly exploit fixes.

It's a shame they have to fall below 50% market share before they actually start trying again, it just seems like they never bother actually improving anything because people will buy their **** anyway.
If they had a ~98% market share in servers I doubt IIS would be any good, but for now at least business users can get good software from them

WishingWell
September 1st, 2007, 12:58 AM
It's a shame they have to fall below 50% market share before they actually start trying again, it just seems like they never bother actually improving anything because people will buy their **** anyway.
If they had a ~98% market share in servers I doubt IIS would be any good, but for now at least business users can get good software from them

I don't mind, keeping an Apache server up to date is still a much better solution in my opinion, but IIS has had a lot less exploits so i give credit where credit is due.

Are you stalking me?

Anthem
September 1st, 2007, 12:58 AM
It's not a parody. It's a real ad by Microsoft.

This isn't news, though. Did you miss the M.O.G. shenanigans w/ Linuxworld last year? Linuxworld is wholly owned by sys-con, and they exist only for pageviews. They were, for a long time, Maureen O'Gara's front. If you don't know who MOG is, then you've got some reading to do.

vexorian
September 1st, 2007, 01:33 AM
I dunno if less fixed exploits really means it is more secure.