PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Locali'ze My Ubuntu / Kubuntu....?

7mm
August 31st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hi There, I'm From Gujarat & Want To Translate My Entire OS In Gujarati & Hindi. Is There Any Way I Can Do This.....I'm New To Linux So Don't Expect Command Line Stuff From Me. I Know I'm At The Diffrent Place With Andhra Pradesh Forum, BUt There's No Other Place To Ask....Please Help!

Also, Is There Anyway I Could Contribute To Ubuntu / Kubuntu With Such Language Translations..?

7mm
September 2nd, 2007, 06:16 AM
Oh...Well, No One To Answer Here....!

bharadwaj
April 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Oh...Well, No One To Answer Here....!
Firstly you need to have some patience please...there are few posts which are solved even an year after their posting...And GNU/Linux has evolved so much and is really going fine but don't expect things to go fine without what you call as "command line stuff" yeah it's a bit hard to shift from GUI to CLI but be glad that you can at lease see a cursor and few windows inside your monitor wth linux

You'll get replies only when you are ready to go, beyond the hood of your GUI. May be that is the only reason why you were not being replied with what you want all these days..

@_R_|\/|_@_G_E_|)_|)_0|\|
June 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Aw, Bharadwaj, come on now, everyone was as impatient as he was at SOME time! Give him some time. Anyway, you can go to the System Menu, then go to Administration and then finally Language Support. There, you can choose you're language.

abhiomkar
June 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
Hi There,

I think, gujarati guys already started translating here : https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+lang/gu
Help/Join those guys. You can contribute to Ubuntu in localizing this way. As you said no need of Command Line Stuff to do translation. :P

Cheers,
Abhinay

Hi There, I'm From Gujarat & Want To Translate My Entire OS In Gujarati & Hindi. Is There Any Way I Can Do This.....I'm New To Linux So Don't Expect Command Line Stuff From Me. I Know I'm At The Diffrent Place With Andhra Pradesh Forum, BUt There's No Other Place To Ask....Please Help!

Also, Is There Anyway I Could Contribute To Ubuntu / Kubuntu With Such Language Translations..?

rajatamiri
July 24th, 2008, 06:22 PM

hai my name is raja i advise a small suggestion why use windows in window u can use multi language with reginional settings with the help of xp os cd. so please try and solove your problem.my email id rajarao_raj_raja@yahoo.com. best o luk

aiser
December 1st, 2009, 08:31 AM
:ks