PDA

View Full Version : Apple stores: is there a point

insane_alien
August 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
WARNING: This may be considered by some as apple bashing, i don't mean to offend, i'm just making some observations.

So i was in glasgow this morning earning a case of strongbow by ding a few favours. and i noticed that there was an apple store. never having seen one before and being a geek i decided to take a peek.

i walked in, stopped, asked one of the guys if they had been robbed.

there's hardly anything there. they also only seemed to be selling 3 products. the big desktop macs, the laptop macs and some variety of ipod. everything seemed empty and sterile(bar me with my paint splashed jeans, t-shirt with food stains and doodles all over it and trainers that have seen much better days.) every seemed to be a clone of the next guy and trying enthusiastically to sell me less for more money.

not a very nice computer shop. i think i'll stick to my favourite where you can banter with the guy on the counter about geeky stuff and technical details(the 'iStaff' didn't seem to know much about the products, kept lapsing into how stylish it would make me look) and browse the boxes of bits while admiring the machines on the counter in various stages of assembly.

totally not going back there.

igknighted
August 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
lol, +1

At least they could double as an ER in an emergency. I would say the apple store is right there with the GAP when it comes to stores I wouldn't be caught dead in.

fuscia
August 30th, 2007, 03:25 PM
i've eaten off dirtier plates.

FuturePilot
August 30th, 2007, 03:29 PM
WARNING: This may be considered by some as apple bashing, i don't mean to offend, i'm just making some observations.

So i was in glasgow this morning earning a case of strongbow by ding a few favours. and i noticed that there was an apple store. never having seen one before and being a geek i decided to take a peek.

there's hardly anything there. they also only seemed to be selling 3 products. the big desktop macs, the laptop macs and some variety of ipod. everything seemed empty and sterile(bar me with my paint splashed jeans, t-shirt with food stains and doodles all over it and trainers that have seen much better days.) every seemed to be a clone of the next guy and trying enthusiastically to sell me less for more money.

not a very nice computer shop. i think i'll stick to my favourite where you can banter with the guy on the counter about geeky stuff and technical details(the 'iStaff' didn't seem to know much about the products, kept lapsing into how stylish it would make me look) and browse the boxes of bits while admiring the machines on the counter in various stages of assembly.

Lol!:lolflag:
They seem to have a thing with pushing the looks when it comes to sales:mad:

justin whitaker
August 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Heh. I actually kind of like the stores, since they appeal to my sense of minimalism.

BTW, Apple doesn't sell computers, they sell a LIFESTYLE.

cybrid
August 30th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Like at random pc parts stores; I've found guys that knew what they were selling/doing and guys that the only thing they knew was that the store sold PCs. I'm sure you can find an apple store with knowledgeable salesmen. I can do it in my town.