PDA

View Full Version : Hiitch is now Open Sourced!

Hiitch
August 30th, 2007, 10:27 AM
We want to thank all those in the Ubuntu community who have provided us with your encouragement and feedbacks on our previous posting.

We are now officially open sourced. For those who have not read our previous posting, we are a social networking company that develops social networking products. We have developed a new social platform for the Linux desktop called Hiitch (http://hiitch.com). We would like to invite all Ubuntu users to join us as part of our effort to provide Linux users with a unified desktop social network.

On top of the default network that we provide for free, Hiitch also allows you to hack on it to develop features that you desire so as to stay connected to you family, friends, company or organization. Check us out and if you are interested in what we are doing then help us spread the word.

xtang
August 30th, 2007, 10:36 AM
What license? GPL?

Nevertheless well done.

az
August 30th, 2007, 11:06 AM
The source package contains the client and the server and the GPL text, so I assume the whole thing is GPLed.

If that's so, I would mention that as prominently as the "no spyware no malware" text that is on the download icon on the website. To many Ubuntu users, open source does not always mean free-libre. The fact that both the client and server are free-libre would be nice to mention, too.

Nice artwork.

Good luck.

igknighted
August 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
The red on that page almost blinded me... highly recommend that you tone that down. Also, in konqueror some of the links dissappeared on mouse-over, not sure if thats my comp or the site.

Tomosaur
August 30th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Nice work!

I'll try it out this weekend :)

Polygon
August 30th, 2007, 02:46 PM
very interestering, but its very nice that you open sourced it! good luck in the future :D

Afoot
August 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM
The red on that page almost blinded me... highly recommend that you tone that down. Also, in konqueror some of the links dissappeared on mouse-over, not sure if thats my comp or the site.
Same here, you have to change that red colour.

ltk5
August 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Wow, this sounds great! :D
Gotta try it now.

Hiitch
August 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback, our design guys are looking into it and will do something about that.

urukrama
August 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
The copyright page doesn't seem to open-sourcy to me. Is that still an old version?

Old Pink
August 30th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I dugg this. :)

http://digg.com/software/Hiitch_is_now_Open_Source_Available_for_Windows_Ma c_and_Linux

It'd be nice to see an uninstall.sh too :)