PDA

View Full Version : the Captorials project: looking for hosting

beligum
August 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

Some time ago, I started the Captorials website, together with the ScreenKast software, both part of the "Instrudeo project". The main idea was to help other Linux-users by capturing your screen using ScreenKast - creating a video tutorial - and uploading it to captorials.com, where it was processed and made public to anyone as a flash video.

I took me around one year of fulltime work to get everything up and running, but had to quit the project (and take down captorials.com) because I ran out of money (what else is new :-) ) and had to start working fulltime to pay my rent.

So far for the melancholy.

In the past few months, I've been contacted by various community members to restart the captorials website. Also, I have a little time to spare from now to then, and my interest in the project is coming on again.

So, I'm looking for someone who wants to sponsor the hosting for the
captorials webservice/website. If hardware is an issue, I've two Dell
Poweredge servers laying here, which I'm willing to 'donate' to the project,
assuming someone can help me out with the rackspace and uplink. One drawback: I live in Belgium, and shipping those monsters isn't really an option.
The uplink should be sufficient for a video-oriented website. I don't have any
details on this, but I guess 5Mbit/s is a minimum requirement. Load/performance should be sufficient too, since the video-postprocessing eats some CPU/GPU from time to time. The website is plain old PHP5/MySQL5.

I's be cool if someone else is interested in the project/concept.

Hope to hear from someone.

bram