PDA

View Full Version : Vista Crashed in Staples

helliewm
August 29th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I went in Staples in High Wycombe yesterday to look at their laptops and Vista had crashed on one of their laptops I did laugh:)

Anyway I got quite a good deal I think I had been watching ebay all weekend but in Staples I got a Fujitsu-Simens Amilo PI 2515 dual core 2 gig ram, 160 gig hard disk Intel x3100 graphics card for £499.

I have not seen anything comparable on ebay with 2gig ram and 160 gig hard disk for that price.

Staples then tried to sell me Antivirus and could not understnd why I did not need it. The Manager came over and had never heard of Linux never mind Ubuntu!

But Vista crashing on one of their display Laptop models made my day:)

Helen

Spr0k3t
August 29th, 2007, 08:53 AM
You should take the manager a live disc... just ask them which computer they want to see Linux on (apple included). Then proceed to explain the software runs extremely slow by comparison when running from a live disc. Oh yeah, let them keep the copy of the distro when you are done.

Dave Crowhurst
August 29th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I went in Staples in High Wycombe yesterday to look at their laptops and Vista had crashed on one of their laptops I did laugh:)

:lolflag: That must do wonders for sales :)

use a name
August 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
"Hello, I'd like to return this machine. It keeps crashing." - Would be a valid argument, right?

helliewm
August 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM
It was hilarious. They tried to sell me all this rubbish anti virus, Microsoft Office etc etc. They could not understand what Linux was never mind Ubuntu. They said is like Apple?:)

Then they tried to con me by saying they did not have this Amilo in stock even though it was on display and tried to sell me a latop for the same price £499 with only 1 gig ram and 120gig hard disk whereas the Amilo has 2gig of ram anf 160gig hard disk. I started to complain and the Manager appeared as did the Amilo with 2gig ram and 160 gig hard disk:)

I was n't going to let them get away with it. I had been watching ebay all bank holiday weekend and knew I got not get a dual core with 2gig ram and 160 gig hard disc for this money from ebay.

I am no expert I am self taught but I don't think they could cope with a Customer who knew more than them!:)

It was very annoying but Vista crashing made by day

I don't even dual boot first thing I did was wipe Vista Home Premium of this brand new laptop and put Ubuntu on the laptop. My main Desktop Computer and second main home computer a Dell Inspiron 17 inch laptop ( its too heavy to take to work with me but makes an excellent second main compute,r so I can work downstairs with my dogs) and this new much more portable laptop from Staples all run Feisty 64 bit. I do not miss ******* at all and have been completely ******* for the last 18 months.

Helen

jgrabham
August 29th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Its better when they crash in the shop while your using them

*looks inocent*

happysmileman
August 29th, 2007, 01:02 PM
That happened to me in an office shop today... the salesperson was going on about how reliable and secure it is for some guys business... I walked up to 2 display computers, held down then Windows key and 'e' on both of then for about 30 seconds, stood back and laughed my *** off...

They don't like me in that shop

LaRoza
August 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I say a Best Buy store that had Vista with a BSOD on display.

LaRoza
August 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
"Hello, I'd like to return this machine. It keeps crashing." - Would be a valid argument, right?

It doesn't work with cars, so I doubt it will work with computers.

use a name
August 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
MS is patenting interactive HUDs for cars, so maybe in the future that will do.

FuturePilot
August 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM

Anyway I got quite a good deal I think I had been watching ebay all weekend but in Staples I got a Fujitsu-Simens Amilo PI 2515 dual core 2 gig ram, 160 gig hard disk Intel x3100 graphics card for £499.

I have not seen anything comparable on ebay with 2gig ram and 160 gig hard disk for that price.

Staples then tried to sell me Antivirus and could not understnd why I did not need it. The Manager came over and had never heard of Linux never mind Ubuntu!

But Vista crashing on one of their display Laptop models made my day:)

Helen
Funny that you mention that. I was looking for a laptop awhile ago and I happen to come across this

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t243/LinuxTechie/DSC00034.jpg

:lolflag:

Matthew Wiebelhaus
August 29th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Thats because a bunch of ******* are messing aorund with them 24/7 you idiots..

Lord Illidan
August 29th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I have to agree..
If you can disable Vista by a few keystrokes, I can also do the same with Ubuntu pretty easily...

ticopelp
August 29th, 2007, 11:29 PM
That's because someone is trying to use them and Vista is very buggy and unstable you idiots..

Fixed?

liquidfunk
August 30th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Speaking of people not knowing anything about the products they sell.

Sony Centre. One of the men told me that things on a Mac won't work on Windows. I.e. Files.

He also said that performance is not an issue with Vista, since all the laptops have 2gb RAM installed, and Vista only needs 1. I told him I run Linux, and I can run it with less that 128Mb. He said "I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this".

I said "Do you know what Unix is?" - "Is that a football team?" He replied.

Yes. Yes it's a football team. ONLY THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM EVER!

.....lol

blastus
August 30th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Not surprising.

Staples sells junk at ridiculous prices. In every store I've been in, almost every isle contained broken stuff; products, especially plastic products, that most likely broke just by consumers picking them up.

goumples
August 30th, 2007, 01:58 AM
MS is patenting interactive HUDs for cars, so maybe in the future that will do.

But if the HUD crashes and then you wreck the car at that moment, could you claim that the ****** software is at fault and not you?? Hrm. I wonder where courts and insurance companies would stand on that one.

cybrid
August 30th, 2007, 02:28 AM
But if the HUD crashes and then you wreck the car at that moment, could you claim that the ****** software is at fault and not you?? Hrm. I wonder where courts and insurance companies would stand on that one.

I agree, that would be a great challenge for courts. And if the "HUD" were found responsible for the crash, who would pay?. Microsoft? the HUD manufacturer?...