PDA

View Full Version : Witch project?

Freddy
August 2nd, 2005, 04:22 AM
I was just wondering if y'all was pleased just using Ubuntu or Kubuntu or if you was looking at some other projects to?

I'll looking forward for the alpha4 release of SymphanyOS, witch I think is gonna be a really exiting distro with a lot of new thinking about desktops and how to use them.

Another project I'm looking at just now is a BSD system called PCBSD, witch aims to be a more userfriendly BSD then all the free/open/dragonfly BSD's out there. I find BSD very exiting in general, and it didn't take that long before a felt almost at home in PCBSD witch use a KDE desktop (you can install Gnome to if you use freeBSDs port system).

Plz give me some more nice tips about exiting distros out there, I have a 2nd computer that just stands here and longs for a new install : )

/Freddan

Skel
August 2nd, 2005, 04:25 AM
Gentoo is a nice one i havent been able to install it b/c its a very long install it compliles everythign from sources which is nice if u can wait

PCBSD is cool i like the PCI feels that are almost exe and u can install in 1 clcik thats awesome :)

Freddy
August 2nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah gentoo is a very nice distro, I have used it for some time but after I found Kubuntu I never looked back, now I use my Kubuntu desk as my main OS but I still like to play around with other distros, h*ll that was the way I found Kubuntu = )

/Freddan

benplaut
August 2nd, 2005, 05:30 AM
hmm

my needs are simple:

a Ubuntu with a new version of wireless-tools :mad:

Kvark
August 2nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
Gentoo is something I gotta try one day in the far future. But right now I don't even understand how to compile anything.

For now... I've used only gnome so far. Trying a bunch of alternatives to that instead of whole new distros should be enough to fiddle with for a while.

Whats really drawing my attention is OSX. Cause I love to play with image editing and such. And OSX is supposed to be very good for that. A mac laptop dual booting OSX and Ubuntu is on top of my list of "if i could afford it...".

Lord Illidan
August 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Are you referring to the Witch project?The witch project?

Or the Blair Witch Project? :smile:

Knome_fan
August 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
I haven't really tried them, but I think http://www.foresightlinux.com/ and http://www.gobolinux.org/ look pretty interesting.

As already mentioned, gentoo is fun and PCBSD and SymphonyOS both look interesting.

somuchfortheafter
August 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
symphony os does look very promising, im also looking forward to the cracking of firmware 2.0 on the sony psp. sony is locking down one of the greatest devices ever grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Freddy
August 2nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
hmm foresightlinux, that's news for me, have to take a closer look : ), thank's Knome_fan.

Freddy
August 2nd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Sony hasn't released PSP here in Sweden, so maybe it's already cracked when it's due for a release here : )