PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Community Site

samb0057
August 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Me and a friend of mine been working on this for about a week now, but just recently I saw a post about someone else starting an ubuntu community/social networking site. I was excited, but I also want my site to get out there. I sent this person a PM and hopefully we can bring our efforts together.

We will provide the following:

Free email accounts at our domain
Possible free web hosting w/ PHP and a free subdomain
Free blogs
Free forums

Hopefully we can integrate with other ubuntu related projects, such as shipit and launchpad.

Please check out the development site at http://dev.athertek.com/ubuntucommunity.

It looks like we haven't done anything but trust me, the framework for this site is quite complicated. We've been working on it for approximately 8 hours a day for the past week or so, by now it is very robust and optimized (page generation times are down from .5 seconds to under .1 seconds using an advanced caching method). Solid MVC architecture with support for multiple sections and advanced XHTML/AJAX output generation.

samb0057
August 28th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I need to know from you, potential users of my site, what you would be looking for and what you would use.

Blog hosting, web hosting, email accounts, forums?