PDA

View Full Version : What a very strange day!

ironfistchamp
August 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM
OK so last night I got a grand total of 1 and a half hours sleep! Joy(!) So I am expecting to damn tired. Am I? No. OK fair play.

So I get to work, ICT techy at a local highschool/6th form college. Now I am left to put in a 24 port patch panel and everything went right! Shocked or what? Things with cables never go right for me. Anyway I carry on.

On my way to lunch I find a foreign student sitting in the corridor. Seems odd but I don't give it much thought. I am back in the office and then think "Wait a minute they looked genuinely upset. I best go see if I can help"

Turns out they were in a strange new country just after their boyfriend left them. I stayed with her for about 15 mins to calm her down and then left her with a couple of her friends.

So far it has been a pretty odd day. Here was me thinking I was going to be late in, get a tounge lashing and get to work on things.

Anyone else having an odd day?

Ironfistchamp

Princess
August 28th, 2007, 04:25 PM
i had an odd day and then i joined this forum ;)):P

jgrabham
August 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Oh thank god Im not the only high school student who talks to IT technitions at school :lolflag:

bobbybobington
August 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM
well its my birthday I guess that could be odd as it happens once a year, but then again it isn't really a surprise.

dca
August 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
well its my birthday I guess that could be odd as it happens once a year, but then again it isn't really a surprise.

Happy Birthday!

bobbybobington
August 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM
:KS Yay :KS

ironfistchamp
August 28th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Well happy birthday to bobbybobington!

@jgrabham: I used to talk to the techies all the time. It's actually how I got my job!

az
August 29th, 2007, 12:50 AM
My oldest daughter said I was the best Daddy in the world because I let her eat a raisin that she had just dropped on the kitchen floor.

Strange.

southernman
August 29th, 2007, 01:04 AM
My oldest daughter said I was the best Daddy in the world because I let her eat a raisin that she had just dropped on the kitchen floor.

Strange.
haha... The 5 second rule rocks! Unless it's of course a bathroom floor... ;)

Happy Birthday Bobby. Are you still going forward, or have you started backing up yet?

Matthew Wiebelhaus
August 29th, 2007, 01:26 AM
My computer teacher is the dumbest **** ever he calls the computer the hard disk and then he says if you ever print anything bring it back to him and he will put it through the scanner to scan it for a virus....... < That is about the dumbest thing ive every heard but it is true.

Darkhack
August 29th, 2007, 01:50 AM
My computer teacher is the dumbest **** ever he calls the computer the hard disk and then he says if you ever print anything bring it back to him and he will put it through the scanner to scan it for a virus....... < That is about the dumbest thing ive every heard but it is true.

Are you sure he wasn't joking? All of our teachers are required to know computer basics and how to operate in Microsoft Office, regardless of what they teach. I've met stupid computer teachers before, but that thing about the scanner crosses the line of believability.

PrimoTurbo
August 29th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Anyone else confused about this thread?...

From what I understand the original poster said the following.

He had a strange day because:

He had little sleep.
There was an upset student.
He fixes computers.

ironfistchamp
August 29th, 2007, 07:56 AM
@primoturbo: Heh it does sound odd. It is the details that makes it count. Anyway I just felt like sharing!

Matthew Wiebelhaus
August 29th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yes im serious and today he said that mac runs the systems called 5,6,7,8 and raphsody i almost laughed so loud raphsody is a music player but this is dumb if it helps I live where everybody is dumb HOCKRY NORTCARLINE

southernman
August 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Yes im serious and today he said that mac runs the systems called 5,6,7,8 and raphsody i almost laughed so loud raphsody is a music player but this is dumb if it helps I live where everybody is dumb HOCKRY NORTCARLINE
Maybe he isn't dumb afterall. MAYBE he's testing you to see how much gumption you have and whether or not you'll challenge him on these comments. Don't say something like... "Dude, your an idiot" like most teenage kids think all grown ups are. Just be constructive.

He's very likely sitting at home at night thinking... dang, when are these kids going to grow some *cough*.

One more thing... when it seems that eveyone around you is *dumb* (as you call it), try looking within to see where that feeling is coming from. Chances are that you'll discover something about yourself and maybe you'll like it or maybe you won't like that discovery. It's best to discover it now, before it's to late.

ironfistchamp
August 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Very wise words there Southernman!

browndog
August 30th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I'm sitting in South Korea right now, working 12 hours a day and putting up with a manipulative (probably bi-polar) boss...my days have been very strange.

browndog
August 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
What's so odd about your day princess?

Matthew Wiebelhaus
August 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Dude his not going to purposely teach the class wrong hes dumb his main job is a wrestling coach.