PDA

View Full Version : USAREUR/USAFE (Americans in Europe) Team?

phyrewall
August 28th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I'd like to start a team for Americans in Germany/Europe. USAREUR (Army) and USAFE (Air Force) has a large presence here in Kaiserslautern. The Germany LoCo's are all in German (go figure...)

What do you think?

sparks0548
August 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds like you have a good plan there. You could probably go through MWR or the Family Support Center to promote the team. Maybe even AFN will run a commercial for you.

I need a new commercial on AFN, I can't count how many times I've keen Kaiserslautern based commercials for USAFE/USAEUR on that network.

LOL.

Good luck!!

Selcal
November 8th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I was wondering how many of us out here thought it was ironic that there was an Ubuntu server in Kaiserslautern. I work @ Ramstein AB and have converted about 4 people over to ubuntu. We are continuing to truck against the every powerful WIN effect.

If anyone is interested in handing out some free disks @ the power zone, just inform me.

we can also get some free 'powered by ubuntu' stickers.
http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

bluedragon436
November 8th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I am one of Selcal's converts...and would love to join up with u guys!!! Throwing a coo against MS.....I'm up for that any day!!!

myidbe
September 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm an American studying in Konstanz, Germany and think a local american team is a good idea...if it already exists, I'd like to sign up.

bluedragon436
April 20th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I am guessing that this never got off the ground, as nothing has been posted in here in a bit about an American Team in Germany!!

phyrewall
June 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately, I wound up in the hospital and the wounded warriors unit, so I haven't had the time to organize anything. I'd do my best to support anything, but I'm afraid that the mental and physical disabilities I now suffer from prevent me getting a group running. Maybe someone can take my place?

bluedragon436
July 23rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
I am stationed back stateside now, but will get up with Selcal, and tell him to check back into here... he might be interested in taking on that job!!

Selcal
July 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Well i could be up for putting together a LUG here in Kaiserslautern. I don't know what you are gonna do about it working over there in Delaware. I use #!(crunchbang) now when it comes to my distro but it is still built on top of a stripped down Ubuntu/Debian.

Are you at a backshop in Dover?

WolfRage
October 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I realize this an old post, but if any of you remain and are up for making a team. I am up for supporting it and if you need I can help with the hosting and building of a website. I am a webmaster for several exhisting websites and I am a avid programer.
By the way I am stationed at Spangdahlem.