PDA

View Full Version : Torrentspy is acting funny today

ry4n
August 28th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I have never seen this but torrentspy.com is now saying that you can't use it becaues you are in the u.s., I have not heard any news of this so i am bit suprised . I am sure some of you know much more than i do so i pose these questions...

1. what happend to torrentspy.com?
2. who are what cased this to happen (what event?)
3. when is it comming back if ever?
4. did you ever use this site ( i sure did )

:confused:

Scruffynerf
August 28th, 2007, 01:01 AM
More info at:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070827-torrentspy-to-mpaa-log-this-site-blocks-us-searches.html

Edit: Just either use a proxy or another torrent site.

Not that we're not downloading anything illegal after all... There are apparently linux distro's there too. Somewhere.

ry4n
August 28th, 2007, 02:22 AM
More info at:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070827-torrentspy-to-mpaa-log-this-site-blocks-us-searches.html

Edit: Just either use a proxy or another torrent site.

Not that we're not downloading anything illegal after all... There are apparently Linux distro's there too. Somewhere.

thank you for the post

This makes me mad, why does the MPAA have to ban sites because it says "oh no there is illegal use on this site" it is for sure not torrent spy's fault that we were using for "illegal" use. I am just f#cking tired of the movie industry butting in where they don't belong. They think that they can control us, and they will if why let them. I am sure that dvd sales is better than last year and last year was better than the one before, yet they say "o if these damn sites were not here we would be doing even better" I don't think that is the case, i still go see movies i still buy movies i have a Netflix account and i go to my local movie rental shop and rent, these actions all cause movie sales to go up. and yes sometimes i do download but i don't think i would have bought all those movies i download just because more and more it is a "no no". If anything i more and more just want to stop watching movies, with the MPAA restrictions on what i can do with my movies and what i can do with my player.:mad:

STOP THE MPAA
see this link
http://www.2600.com/news/0130-flyer/flyer.html

cawill
August 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Torrentspy won't be popular for much longer at this rate, with blocking US users out and the comment system is offline for me so it is useless as I can't tell the quality of the torrent files I am downloading.
I used to use torrentspy but use TPB and suprnova more now, with demonoid eventually if I get an invite.

tcpip4lyfe
August 28th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Ok so we'll just move to another site. That is disgusting. It feels like internet is being more and more regulated by the day.

Majorix
August 28th, 2007, 02:59 AM
If you live in the US then you might be looking for alternatives to torrentspy. Here is what I use for torrents:
-isohunt.com (searches a few large torrent trackers, but the info about seeds&peers is usually outdated)
-torrentreactor.net(don't use at work! contains erotic images. But has a good db)
-mininova.org(my favorite. has just anything)
-demonoid.com(requires invitation but is quite configurable)

Share yours :)

ry4n
August 28th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Ok so we'll just move to another site. That is disgusting. It feels like internet is being more and more regulated by the day.

this is what i am talking about right here. this feels like Nabster all over again...
and you guys are right in that there are plenty others it is just that the MPAA acts like they own the internet and we just use it... when it is the other way around... we own it they use it to sell it to us.

p.s. again thank you all for posting