PDA

View Full Version : OMG! War declared upon Denmark!

Perfect Storm
August 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20IpSch8sSk

:popcorn:

gnomeuser
August 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Wait, I live in the second largest town here in Denmark.. have you arrogant Tescos people focused ONLY on invading my capital.. if not where are the Tesco stores in my town, I have a few molotow cocktails with your name on it capitalist pigs.. I'm of proud viking stock you heard me, it's party time, raping, pilliaging and plundering is on it's way.

I DECLARE WAR ON TESCO!

DoctorMO
August 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
War! Tesco is a vile machine on evil! :-P

Perfect Storm
August 26th, 2007, 09:10 PM
War! Tesco is a vile machine on evil! :-P

You'll never know which country is next for their world domination :-P

KiwiNZ
August 26th, 2007, 09:46 PM
My family is from Hillerod I will help:)

bobbybobington
August 26th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Wait, I live in the second largest town here in Denmark.. have you arrogant Tescos people focused ONLY on invading my capital.. if not where are the Tesco stores in my town, I have a few molotow cocktails with your name on it capitalist pigs.. I'm of proud viking stock you heard me, it's party time, raping, pilliaging and plundering is on it's way.

I DECLARE WAR ON TESCO!

Or, you could not shop there... :rolleyes:
Seriously my sister boycotts walmart cause she doesn't like it. Its not like anybody's forcing you to shop there, vote with ur $ and go to local shops.

Stone123
August 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM
What is Danmark?

WishingWell
August 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Us Norwegians will help you in your raping, pillaging and plundering! :D

jgrabham
August 26th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Us Norwegians will help you in your raping, pillaging and plundering! :D

Wow, you guys in mainland Europe sure have fun.

Where as all I have is a snooty attitude, a crate of tea and a butler called Jeeves.

Lucifiel
August 27th, 2007, 12:52 AM
... ... :D

I think someone's been watching too many movies. And in particular, far too much mecha. :D

WishingWell
August 27th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Wow, you guys in mainland Europe sure have fun.

Where as all I have is a snooty attitude, a crate of tea and a butler called Jeeves.

Yeah, you have that... and a sense of humor that rocks! :D

Perfect Storm
August 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah, you have that... and a sense of humor that rocks! :D

I Second that. British humour rocks :KS

Everything from "The Fast Show" to "Black Books".

Motoxrdude
August 27th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Reminds me of something starbucks would do.

compiledkernel
August 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Tesco, the Walmart of the EU.

Get the heck outta denmark, and dont forget your towel.

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Ive just realised - the trousers Im wearing came from tesco. As did my computer mouse. And a load of my books/cds/dvds. They really have taken over britain!

compiledkernel
August 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Little late to come to that realization, no?

Perfect Storm
August 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Get the heck outta denmark, and dont forget your towel.

So we can forsee a deathmatch: Tesco vs. Walmart in a near future for world domination? Interesting :)

lepz
August 27th, 2007, 04:37 PM
So we can forsee a deathmatch: Tesco vs. Walmart in a near future for world domination? Interesting :)

Walmart would win, Tesco don't have any guns. (yet) ;)

compiledkernel
August 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yes but Walmart has disgruntled employees. I see a Mutiny on many of her ships occuring in that battle.

mostwanted
August 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM

I must say, I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a Tesco's outside Britain and it's not like I haven't travelled Europe. So it's hardly the Walmart of the EU, although I'm sure it's the local champion in Britain.

I like Tesco's, though, so I wish they were.

Edit: After checking on Wikipedia I found out they had 1 store in France (the only store in other Western European countries besides Ireland), but lots of stores in Eastern Europe. which explains why I've never seen any of them. Most of their stores outside Britain seem to be located in Asia.

Gwasanaethau
August 27th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I must say, I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a Tesco's outside Britain and it's not like I haven't travelled Europe. So it's hardly the Walmart of the EU, although I'm sure it's the local champion in Britain.

Edit: After checking on Wikipedia I found out they had 1 store in France (the only store in other Western European countries besides Ireland), but lots of stores in Eastern Europe. which explains why I've never seen any of them. Most of their stores outside Britain seem to be located in Asia.

Yeah, Ireland is covered with them! They took over the two top supermarket chains here about 10 years ago.

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Yes but Walmart has disgruntled employees. I see a Mutiny on many of her ships occuring in that battle.

Yeah but walmart has undercover spys in tescos territory - theyre called Asdas :]

lepz
August 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah but walmart has undercover spys in tescos territory - theyre called Asdas :]

Argh but Tesco have sent out a small expeditinary force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_%26_Easy) for undercover operations and now have a foothold in enemy territory. on the west coast, Walmart thought the attack was going to happen on the east coast. ;)

BLTicklemonster
August 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20IpSch8sSk

:popcorn:

lmao you nut!

Paul820
August 27th, 2007, 06:52 PM
My brother works for tesco and he laughed his head off at that. All he could say was "well, people keep shopping there"

ironfistchamp
August 27th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I like tescos. The one near me has a Tescolator instead of an escalator! :)

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I like tescos. The one near me has a Tescolator instead of an escalator! :)

Do they talk to you like the one in Durham?

"Please prepare to disembark the escalator" or something similar. I'm sure its the Argos woman who says it as well!

WishingWell
August 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Same here, never seen a Tesco outside of Britain, there are none in Norway, Sweden and Finland, that i know for sure, the rest i don't know for sure but i've been doing a lot of miles around Europe and never seen one except in Britain, stores like Liedl (German) and Netto (Danish) seem to be everywhere though.

ironfistchamp
August 27th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Do they talk to you like the one in Durham?

"Please prepare to disembark the escalator" or something similar. I'm sure its the Argos woman who says it as well!

Sure do! It's annoying. It's not like I am going to peg over at the top or something! And I don't need to hear it 5 times either.

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Sure do! It's annoying. It's not like I am going to peg over at the top or something! And I don't need to hear it 5 times either.

I know - theyre not even steps. Its a F***ing hill that moves! Its just a ramp for lazy people who cant be arsed to walk 20 feet up a slope. I mean WHAT IS THE POINT!!??

Sorry, rant over.

ironfistchamp
August 27th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Haha it is pretty good for getting a trolley to the upper floors. Just imagine hauling it up a flight of stairs!

jgrabham
August 28th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Haha it is pretty good for getting a trolley to the upper floors. Just imagine hauling it up a flight of stairs!

Or out of a river - I often wonder how they get trolleys out of rivers/lakes etc.

ironfistchamp
August 28th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Well do they really bother getting them out of rivers. The amount I see in bodies of water suggests that they don't :p