Fbot1
August 26th, 2007, 07:57 PM
That was...well, dumb.

rolnics
August 26th, 2007, 07:57 PM
i'm sure i've seen that solution before! :lolflag:

forrestcupp
August 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I wish I had a few hundred bucks to waste like that. I'd rather sell it on ebay or something.

tcpip4lyfe
August 26th, 2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rcUaTW5b0

RageOfOrder
August 26th, 2007, 10:09 PM
My favorite method:
http://www.gp.lib.mi.us/information/about/Tools/sledgehammer.jpg

WishingWell
August 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I do believe that buying Vista and then destroying it instead of donating the money to a free project is somtehing that only people who think they are are 1337 think is oh so cool.

*shakes head*

bdoe
August 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Interesting...

I especially found all the comments on Youtube amusing, in a perverse way. If the vast majority of the comments in there were representative of the Mac community, I'd have to conclude that only children buy Macs. :???:

True, Vista certainly has its problems - particularly the 64-bit versions, but... sheesh!

I especially love the kiddies who think they're all l33t because they bought premium machines. Dude, if you're really as l33t as you think you are, roll your own!

Okay, done ranting now. Back to beating Ubuntu into submission... :-\"

jgrabham
August 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I knew that video was coming before I even clicked that link - I spend WAY too much time on the internet.

Kingsley
August 27th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Ya never know. He probably gave back to the community by copying the disc to an ISO and hosting it on Demonoid.

happysmileman
August 27th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Ya never know. He probably gave back to the community by copying the disc to an ISO and hosting it on Demonoid.

Giving back to the community would be making a youtube video showing an unbiased comparison of Windows and Linux and letting people make a choice, not re-affirming the belief in most people's heads that Windows is free and great

Billy_McBong
August 27th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I knew that video was coming before I even clicked that link - I spend WAY too much time on the internet.
is it possible to spend to much time on the internet?:D

WishingWell
August 27th, 2007, 01:25 AM

That is not giving back to the community, that is going against the community, people pirating Vista and supplying it are just a stupid version of MS who don't even get paid for spreading proprietary SW.

SW pirates can eat my dust, it's just another form of stealing and it's not cool no matter what all the EMO kids tell you.

macogw
August 27th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Giving back to the community would be making a youtube video showing an unbiased comparison of Windows and Linux and letting people make a choice, not re-affirming the belief in most people's heads that Windows is free and great

uh, that video is saying "vista sucks, it's not even worth giving to someone else, just destroy it." besides, pirated software means less people looking at the free (beer & speech) alternatives

Fbot1
August 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM
and it's not cool no matter what all the EMO kids tell you.

Someone has some issues...

init1
August 27th, 2007, 03:36 AM
That video (and this post, I assume) was for entertainment, not to start a flame war.
And yes, I thought is was funny.